+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Question

kishana

Dec 28, 2014
I have PR, nearly 3 years old. I am out of Canada now and have to move to Canada to keep my PR status, but I have some serious obstacles in the way ...
My question is - is there a way I can get a job from a Canadian employer to work outside- in Dubai, Muscat or India?
How do I find such employers?
Is there any other way I can get to keep my PR?

Please advise!!!

Thank you in advance

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
kishana said:
I have PR, nearly 3 years old. I am out of Canada now and have to move to Canada to keep my PR status, but I have some serious obstacles in the way ...
My question is - is there a way I can get a job from a Canadian employer to work outside- in Dubai, Muscat or India?
How do I find such employers?
Is there any other way I can get to keep my PR?

Please advise!!!

Thank you in advance
It would be very difficult to find a Canadian employer who would allow you to work remotely from oversees. Moreover, even if you were able to, it would not count towards your residency requirements, so the point is moot.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
torontosm said:
It would be very difficult to find a Canadian employer who would allow you to work remotely from oversees. Moreover, even if you were able to, it would not count towards your residency requirements, so the point is moot.
If you are assigned by a Canadian employer overseas, it does count towards the residency requirements.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
kateg said:
If you are assigned by a Canadian employer overseas, it does count towards the residency requirements.
Correct, but you would first have to move to Canada, get the job, commence working and then be transferred. All of this is very different than what the OP was contemplating.