+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR queries related to CEC application

Miru2995

Jan 10, 2024
Hi All,

I got PR confirmation email while I'm outside Canada. I do not have a valid visa to enter Canada. I'm getting married in 10 days and planning to sponsor my partner later as he already has Canada visitor visa and H1B in USA and working there.

What are my options now to return to Canada?

TIA

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hi All,

I got PR confirmation email while I'm outside Canada. I do not have a valid visa to enter Canada. I'm getting married in 10 days and planning to sponsor my partner later as he already has Canada visitor visa and H1B in USA and working there.

What are my options now to return to Canada?

TIA
First question, did you apply for PR as an outland applicant? Second question, why did you leave Canada knowing your visa would expire and you had a PR application pending?

If you applied from outside of Canada and you received the email, simply respond to it letting them know that you are in another country and that the COPR should be processed through your nearest embassy. They would switch you over to the embassy and send you a letter to submit your passport for the PR visa and COPR for landing. That's basically your only option, you can not enter Canada without a valid visa. Plus the visa processing time would be a couple of months, too long to keep IRCC waiting to confirm your location. Probably in that time, you would get the embassy letter, submit the documents and get them back. You just have to be patient.

For your spouse. It would be too late to add him to the application. So sponsoring him after you get PR is the only option.