+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Processing related with Wife Separation

hopelife909

Jan 20, 2015
Hi All,

I have married 10 months before and applied for PR my AOR number generated. While applying I have included my wife details and waiting for Medicals. Due personal relationship problems we are separating. She has not visited canada. If we got separated and still I am eligible to get my PR processing. Request to update any issues I will face due to separation with my Wife. Please suggest.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
hopelife909 said:
Hi All,

I have married 10 months before and applied for PR my AOR number generated. While applying I have included my wife details and waiting for Medicals. Due personal relationship problems we are separating. She has not visited canada. If we got separated and still I am eligible to get my PR processing. Request to update any issues I will face due to separation with my Wife. Please suggest.
I assume you're applying for PR independently, and your wife is listed as a dependent in your PR app?

If that's the case and you separate from your wife then you would simply contact your visa office and tell them you are no longer in a relationship with her and to remove her from your application completely. It shouldn't cause any problems with your own app, and could actually speed up the process since CIC would no longer have to examine your wife.