+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Obligations doubts, away for 3 years due to medical reason

amit_p

Jul 8, 2014
Hello, Please help with your suggestions. I renewed PR card on Oct 2010 stayed till May 2011. Went to parent country for a visit to see my parents. But I became ill. Recovery of my health & relapse carried for almost 3 years. Now I am OK. I have medical documentation with me.

Now planning to return. I have some doubts regarding PR obligations. Is it still possible for me to return and will not have any problem at Entry Port? Please Help. Thank you.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
If it's almost three years, I think that there is no way you could have a problem -- you can't be reported if you can still meet your RO, and if you're out of the country for under 5 years, you can.

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
on-hold said:
If it's almost three years, I think that there is no way you could have a problem -- you can't be reported if you can still meet your RO, and if you're out of the country for under 5 years, you can.
If OP has stayed out of Canada since May 2011, he does not meet RO. There is a possibility that he might be reported, but his reasons for staying out might save his PR status.