+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I applied for the PR card renewal on 23 Jan 2023 and today when I checked today it says "Primary identification is not provided". I did not get any email just randomly checked and I cannot do anything. Do it means that my PR renewal is rejected.

the portal is very outdated and no proper help or status is being provided. How do I contact the office, do anybody have their number to contact

Category Urgency requested Client email Date/time submitted Status Return reason Action
PR card Urgency not requested **************2023/01/23 02:06 (UTC) Submitted Primary identification is not providedView

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I applied for the PR card renewal on 23 Jan 2023 and today when I checked today it says "Primary identification is not provided". I did not get any email just randomly checked and I cannot do anything. Do it means that my PR renewal is rejected.

the portal is very outdated and no proper help or status is being provided. How do I contact the office, do anybody have their number to contact

CategoryUrgency requestedClient emailDate/time submittedStatusReturn reasonAction
PR cardUrgency not requested**************2023/01/23 02:06 (UTC)SubmittedPrimary identification is not providedView
Welcome to the `Glitchy' World of IRCC!

Firstly, this does NOT mean that your PR Card renewal has been rejected. It's possible that they did in fact get the Primary ID, but their system is having a bit of a problem. LOL!

Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). Prepare to wait on hold for some time.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Hi,

CategoryUrgency requestedClient emailDate/time submittedStatusReturn reasonAction
PR cardUrgency not requested**************2023/01/23 02:06 (UTC)SubmittedPrimary identification is not providedView
Hi , Have you sorted out the issue?

I just checked mine and it says "Incomplete" I have checked it again and everything is complete not sure what to do

Selv30

Apr 11, 2023
Hi,

Hi,
Wondering if you called IRCC to figure out the issue and finally get your new PR card?
My husband's PR renewal application is also showing the same return reason like yours.

Thank you!

rlf86900

Sep 26, 2023
Hi , Have you sorted out the issue?

I just checked mine and it says "Incomplete" I have checked it again and everything is complete not sure what to do
Hi,

Hi,
Did you figure it our or any update?
Thank you

anonymous2023

Oct 18, 2023
Hi,
Did you figure it our or any update?
Thank you
You might have sorted it out by now, but I will post this anyway for other people who'll encounter the same situation from now on.

I had the same issue with my PR card renewal. I submitted it through Portal online and kept checking to see once a week if any status changes. About a month later, the return reason popped up that states Primary identification is not provided, but nothing I could do from there. The 'View' button is disabled, so I couldn't click on it, no option to see what was not provided. I was so sure that I submitted everything correctly. I contacted IRCC from IRCC Webform (cic.gc.ca), but this was not helpful at all as I only got an automated reply after a few days saying thank you for contacting us, we are experiencing a high volume of requests, etc. After a couple of weeks, I called IRCC at 1-888-242-2100. Then I could speak to a lady agent who was very nice, looked into my application status, and told me that I didn't have to do anything, nothing was missing from my application, my PR card was in the process of being made, and it'll be mailed out once it's made. She admitted it was actually their system glitch.

I can't say all of this 'primary identification' case is due to a system glitch, but if you are really concerned I'd recommend calling them. Try to call early in the day so you can speak to someone. When I tried to call later in the day (though it was still their business hours), it didn't even give me a menu option to speak to someone.

Last edited:
Reactions: vct07

vct07

Oct 25, 2023
same here got a "Primary identification is not provided" message but i am sure i submitted everything...

hope to get some updates from portal soon...

humed

Dec 4, 2023
Hello, i recently applied for PR card renewal but my application returned because "Your primary identity document is missing, unacceptable or expired".
i put my Driving License as my primary ID. im just wondering if the driving license is not acceptable as primary id. what is the acceptable primary id? i dont have passport nor travel documents. i do have landing paper but unsure if it is acceptable as primary id. please advise.
appreciate your help!
Thank you!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, i recently applied for PR card renewal but my application returned because "Your primary identity document is missing, unacceptable or expired".
i put my Driving License as my primary ID. im just wondering if the driving license is not acceptable as primary id. what is the acceptable primary id? i dont have passport nor travel documents. i do have landing paper but unsure if it is acceptable as primary id. please advise.
appreciate your help!
Thank you!
duplicate

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hi,
Wondering if you called IRCC to figure out the issue and finally get your new PR card?
My husband's PR renewal application is also showing the same return reason like yours.

Thank you!
Hi Selva30,
My kid application is also says the same message . Did you receive the PR card for your husband ? What did you do to resolve