+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Question

0517mba

Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

If parts of my given names were cut off on my PR Card, should I still answer Question 5 to include the names that were cut off and were not included on my PR Card? I understand that I am supposed to write in Question 4 only the names found on my PR Card. If I do have to answer Question 5, do I have to submit any other document to support that? Because this isn't even a legal name change.

Thanks.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
0517mba said:
Hi,

If parts of my given names were cut off on my PR Card, should I still answer Question 5 to include the names that were cut off and were not included on my PR Card? I understand that I am supposed to write in Question 4 only the names found on my PR Card. If I do have to answer Question 5, do I have to submit any other document to support that? Because this isn't even a legal name change.

Thanks.
Type your full legal name and attach a paper to explain.

0517mba

Feb 1, 2015
Hi! Thank you for answering my question. I do have another one.

Exactly how many income tax assessments are needed under Gather Documents Part 4? Do I have to give all of my assessments since I became a PR (2010)? Or can I give only one since it says "a copy of one of the following"? I am a little confused since it says "Other Income Tax assessments", but on the other hand, it also says "within the past five (5) years" and not from the last 5 years. I maybe overthinking this.

Thank you, in advance.