+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card Renewal Clarification

hengda

Oct 14, 2014
I wanna apologize if this is in the wrong forum area, did a few searches but cant seem to find the right answer.

I am currently helping my dad to renew his PR card which had already expired. He had been living in Canada for the last 10 years.

When I was reading the check list, one of the requirement is
Additional documents of proof of residence in Canada in the past five (5) years

Include the following with your application:

Photocopies of all pages of all passports you held in the past five (5) years (if your stamps are not in English or French, please have them translated, see section on Translation of documents), and
A copy of one of the following:

Other Income Tax assessments issued by Canada Revenue Agency within the past five (5) years, or
transcripts from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada verifying attendance within the past five (5) years, or
for all school-aged children, written records verifying attendance within the past five (5) years.

Does this mean, I have to mail in all past 5 years of tax returns?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, thanks in advance!

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
hengda said:
Other Income Tax assessments issued by Canada Revenue Agency within the past five (5) years, or
transcripts from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada verifying attendance within the past five (5) years, or
for all school-aged children, written records verifying attendance within the past five (5) years.

Does this mean, I have to mail in all past 5 years of tax returns?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, thanks in advance!
It would be good to have all five years assessment attached, but the requirement as written sound like any of the other tax assessment that you already not enclosed with previous requirement.