+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr card expiring not living in canada..urgent inquiry for renewal documents asap

nrg

Oct 21, 2013
HI this is my situation
i m having pr card (i m non usa citizen)and living with my canadian citizen spouse in usa who works for usa company.my pr card is expiring next month. i hvent fullfill residency obligation (physically living in canada) as i m living with spouse since we got married.so i know i can apply for renewal as i m with canadian spouse.bt i hve following questions please please someone help me
1.aftr applying can i come back to usa n stay with my husband.in future if i hve to drive in personal car can i drive with expired pr and a landing paper?
2.i hve only landing paper in following. i hve usa tax paid(didnt pay tax in canada as i m home maker) and usa drivers license, i transffered my license from canada to usa. so wat can i send in following documents list?

Two (2) secondary identity documents: A photocopy of two of the following:

your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), or
your valid provincial driver’s license or valid provincial photo-identity card, or
your valid University/College photo student card, or
your most recent Income Tax assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency within the past two years

3. can someone please please write me exact form i hve to download and send it to cbsa for my entry record from canada and cbp from usa..
4. i dont hve any consumer enegy bills or credit card bills or other which came on my name in mail in usa and i hve only 2 yrs lease agreement combined with spouse though living since five yrs with him so wat can i give as proof tht i m living wth him ?

thanks...

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You can return to the US after applying.
2. You can enter Canada with expired PR Card and landing documents - carry proof of your relationship with a Canadian Citizen as eventually CBSA may think of reporting you if they are unaware of your accompanying status.
3. Include a letter in your application stating you do not have any Canadian ID since you live in the US. You will have to pick your card up in person.
4. CBSA website for Canada entries and CBP website for US entry/exits (Google search).

nrg

Oct 21, 2013
i applied to cbsa but there is no response..how much time do they take for sending back cbsa record?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It takes 30 days to get your CBSA records, see http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/menu-eng.html#s02

You do not need the CBSA records to send with your application because you checkmark on the application form that you allow immigration to send for it themselves.

If you however are not sure of your travel dates, the CBSA records will help you. Here is how to get your entry/exit records from US immigration : https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/976

As for proof that you are living together, you must both be getting some official mail to your house, for example from the taxes. You could send copies of that. I suppose you also both have pay slips from your jobs showing the same address. How about phone bills, bank statements?

nrg

Oct 21, 2013
thank you so much leon. yes i was not sure about my entry exit dates in canada so i applied for the record. at cbsa i mailed with five dollars cheque at ottawa, bt havent received any acknowledgement number(when i called the recording says they will send me acknowledgement number but i didnt receive any). and at cbp i applied online but the status is just showing submitted, there even i didnt see any option for the fees, so i submitted writing all my passport details...cldnt see any fees option online.

i dont have any official mails except doctors bills and insurance company bills and two years lease agreement , so can i do affidavit that i m residing with my canadian citizen spouse? i m home maker and have filled tax here not in canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nrg said:
thank you so much leon. yes i was not sure about my entry exit dates in canada so i applied for the record. at cbsa i mailed with five dollars cheque at ottawa, bt havent received any acknowledgement number(when i called the recording says they will send me acknowledgement number but i didnt receive any). and at cbp i applied online but the status is just showing submitted, there even i didnt see any option for the fees, so i submitted writing all my passport details...cldnt see any fees option online.

i dont have any official mails except doctors bills and insurance company bills and two years lease agreement , so can i do affidavit that i m residing with my canadian citizen spouse? i m home maker and have filled tax here not in canada.
Send copies of whatever official mail that you have and doing an affidavit should help too.

nrg

Oct 21, 2013
Access to Information Request Form (TBS/SCT 350-57):
Access to Information Request Form (TBC/CTC 350-57) (RTF)
Access to Information Request Form (TBC/CTC 350-57) (PDF)
Instructions for completing the form:
Determine which federal government institution is most likely to have the information you are seeking.
To apply for information under the Access to Information Act, complete the Access to Information Request Form. Describe the information being sought and provide any relevant details necessary to help the institution find it. If you require assistance, refer to Sources of Federal Government and Employee Information for a description of program records held by the institution or contact its Access to Information Coordinator.
Forward the access request to the Coordinator of the institution holding the information. Enclose a $5.00 money order or cheque. Note: Cheques and money orders are payable to the Receiver General for Canada with some exceptions. Please refer to Info Source – Sources of Federal Government and Employee Information – Forward – D. How to Apply – Fees for a list of institutions to which Access to Information Requests must be accompanied by cheques or money orders made out to the institution itself and not to the Receiver General for Canada.
Technical Assistance

hi leon thanks for reply..i submitted this form is this one ok??

nrg

Oct 21, 2013
FOIA requests must include:

Name/Aliases
Date of birth/Dates of birth you may have used
Address
Consent (if a third party is submitting the request)
Parental consent (if you are a minor)
Sworn declaration under penalty of perjury or notarized affidavit of identity
Death certificate, news article, or obituary (if you are requesting information in regards to a deceased person)
Phone number: Include a daytime phone number at which you can be reached should there be any questions about your CBP FOIA request

here is the list for cbp record.. do i need to send sworn declarion of identity? i hvent send it i just filled up online application without this affidavit.i dont understand the forms please help..if it is required then i can mail this now writing my foai request number?
thanks msafiri n leon for help...

nrg

Oct 21, 2013
please help regarding above listed forms.

i m preparing an affidavit and my spouse will state as below bt in these two sentences is any verification is required as actually i was away from him for 4 months and second case he was already in usa and after our wedding i moved to usa and by that time he sponsored me for pr status i landed in october 2008 after receiving pr status and stayed for 15 days and came back to usa again n since then i m with him bt in 2013 was away from him for 4 months...

3. We have never been separated and apart for any significant amount of time since our marriage.

4. We moved to the United States on December 6, 2007.

please guide me for affidavit in above two sentences. thank u..help leon please

nrg

Oct 21, 2013
Mr Leon please help in the above questions. I have submitted my cbsa request on 9th ocotber and hvent received any response yet..neither from cbp...
want to confirm did i send right forms with five dollars cheque to cbsa. really thankful to u....

nrg

Oct 21, 2013
i received my cbsa report..i allways travel by our car and 3 or four times by bus from usa to canada..bt few entries are missing in that report, which i have in my diary from last two years. i had all the entry exit record from 2012 till now(earlier years i was missing it so applied to cbsa)..so what should i fill in the forms? the entries which cbsa send me or i should also add ones which i had..please please help...thank u so much in advance..

paper

Dec 13, 2013
Hello leon and Friends ,

thank you so much leon for all help.
i received my new pr card for another five yrs..want to share the experience so it might help u if ur case is same as mine..
i submitted cbsa report but still dont hve cbp travel report as it take one year to come so i mention that in my application.
other documents
1. marriage license
2. proof of residence i only had few medical bills, car issurance and 2 year lease agreement in last five yrs.
3.all the documents of my spouse that he is workin in usa n i m accompanying him,
4.tax documents (paid tax in usa as not living in canada n not using any benefit from canada)
5.all the passports copy.
6 all other documents which are in check list
7 affidavite of support stating that i m living with canadian spouse since got married
8. bank statement
9. my old canadian driving license and my spouses passport and citizenship card photocopy..

all the documents which proves u are accompanying canadian citizen spouse..
so if anyone need help write me here watever info i can provide i will share with you all..
thank you..

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your success. Did you have to pick the card up in person and how was the process? It would also be helpful to describe what happened at the border when you re-entered Canada.

paper

Dec 13, 2013
Sharing an experience..received new pr card..

hello msafiri,

Yes i have to pick the card in person and i travelled by car from usa to canada keeping blue letter of the interview with me which shows i have to pick up the new pr card with few documents like tax returns n photo id passport those all describe in letter from cic.

at the border the officer just looked at my letter n let me enter in canada without anyother questions. at the interview the officer ask me about my passport my spouses passport and tax documents. and list of the absences from canada i showed cbsa report and another paperwork which i had with me(list of absences).
she first asked me tht i havent live in canada and i mention i m accompanyin my spouse she said its not mention in the application ..i said we did mention it in the application in cover letter very first paragraph tht i live outside canada accompanying spouse.then she asked for passport marriage license n tax returns(usa one i showed, she didnt even check)..also photo id bt i didnt have any in canada so she said its ok..

for future refrence to anyone i would suggest to all that keep all the paperwork copy with you which u submitted to cic while crossing the broder with expired card and picking up the pr card in perosn so there wont be any hassle...

while crossing the border u can also print and keep this document with u coz sometimes border people dont know the rules in detail..

cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA....

in this link u can see time spend outside canada with canadian spouse..so u can print n keep with u all the time for safety size as its legal for pr status holder to live ouside wen canadian citizen spouse is working outside..