+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card and SIN Card haven't received yet

khraieyscael

Apr 14, 2012
Hi,

I was landed here in Manitoba on March 20, 2014 and I am still wondering why my PR Card and SIN Card have yet delivered on the address I have provided. I was interviewed by the immigration officer when I landed on Vancouver on March 20 and she told me that the delivery of PR Card would be 45-60 days if I'm not mistaken. I applied for my SIN Number on March 21 and the officer told me that my SIN Card will be delivered 10 working days. but until now I didn't received any of those and I was here for 3 months already.

My friends who were landed March 21 have already received their SIN Card after 2 weeks and they already received their PR Card last week.

What action do I need to make in order to know the status of those ID's? Please give me advise on this.

thanks guys,
Khraieyscael :'(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

khraieyscael said:
Hi,

I was landed here in Manitoba on March 20, 2014 and I am still wondering why my PR Card and SIN Card have yet delivered on the address I have provided. I was interviewed by the immigration officer when I landed on Vancouver on March 20 and she told me that the delivery of PR Card would be 45-60 days if I'm not mistaken. I applied for my SIN Number on March 21 and the officer told me that my SIN Card will be delivered 10 working days. but until now I didn't received any of those and I was here for 3 months already.

My friends who were landed March 21 have already received their SIN Card after 2 weeks and they already received their PR Card last week.

What action do I need to make in order to know the status of those ID's? Please give me advise on this.

thanks guys,
1. The processing time for PR Cards is 72 calendar days. It should be soon.
2. Assuming you went to a Service Canada office and applied before 31 March/14 , you should have received your SIN card. If after, they no longer issue the cards, just the numbers. Contact them.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khraieyscael said:
Hi,

thanks guys,
Mine too. I was interviewd last March 20th. My friends got theirs already last week. One of my friend was interviewed last March 26th and got hers too last week. I dont know why my pr card too takes too long :(

khraieyscael

Apr 14, 2012
Thanks PMM. and according to reply from Wins26 I think we need to contact CIC. mmhh what are the contact info to follow up on our PR Card? I am worried about my SIN Card. How will I track my SIN Card if they sent to the mail I provided or not?

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khraieyscael said:
Thanks PMM. and according to reply from Wins26 I think we need to contact CIC. mmhh what are the contact info to follow up on our PR Card? I am worried about my SIN Card. How will I track my SIN Card if they sent to the mail I provided or not?

I got my card today. Thanks God :D anyway. U can call the call center and tell them that u havent received the card yet. If they mailed the card already and u havent received it yet for 2 weeks they will advice you to call them again and i think they will do some replacement or something. I dont know. They just advice me to call them after 2 weeks. Goodluck

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

khraieyscael said:
For SIN contact Service Canada

no190

Dec 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khraieyscael said:
Hi,

thanks guys,
There is no SIN "CARD" anymore.

On March 31, 2014, Service Canada began issuing SINs in a paper format (confirmation of SIN letter). Production of the plastic SIN cards has stopped.
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/sin/

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Note that you do not need the SIN card for anything. My card sits in a file cabinet where it has remained since I first got it in the mail. Same with my wife. That is why they don't even mail out a card anymore. It is not needed.

When you apply for a SIN number at Service Canada, you get a piece of paper with your SIN number right there. That is all you need.