+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application without PCC and Bridging Open Work Permit

VrajParikh

Mar 10, 2024
Greetings everyone,

I received my ITA on 14th February 2024 through the General stream in EE. I have all the documents ready for the application except the PCC. I have applied for one already and the same is under review at Consulate General. The question I have is; Can I apply for PR without PCC even though there are around 30 days left in the 60 day deadline?

My PGWP expires on 17th March 2024, and I need my AOR to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit. Hence, I am in such a hurry to apply.

Is there any other way I can stay on implied status and keep working without having to rush the application process. Please let me know if you need any more details.

I greatly appreciate all the help.

VrajParikh

Mar 10, 2024
I am in a tough situation right now and would appreciate any form of guidance.

I received my ITA on 14th Feb and have all the documents ready except for the PCC through BLS. My work permit expires on 17th of March and I want to apply for PR before that, so I can apply for BOWP and maintain my status.

I have lived at the same address in India since the last 10 years. So I was wondering if it is okay to attach local PCC from the Deputy Commissioner's office in Mumbai, India, along with an letter of explanation and proof of best efforts for obtaining BLS PCC. Do I still risk having my application rejected? Please let me know

Thank you.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I am in a tough situation right now and would appreciate any form of guidance.

I received my ITA on 14th Feb and have all the documents ready except for the PCC through BLS. My work permit expires on 17th of March and I want to apply for PR before that, so I can apply for BOWP and maintain my status.

I have lived at the same address in India since the last 10 years. So I was wondering if it is okay to attach local PCC from the Deputy Commissioner's office in Mumbai, India, along with an letter of explanation and proof of best efforts for obtaining BLS PCC. Do I still risk having my application rejected? Please let me know

Thank you.
Check this link, it says to submit all the proofs but there is no assurance it will be accepted....
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html