+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application for ONIP NOMINATION STUCK?!!

ksamj

Nov 6, 2023
I have received my ONIP Nomination on December 2023 and filed a PR Application on 16th Dec 2023 and paid the fees

Until this day they status shown in the website is "Submitted". It has been 2 moths now. Should I be worried that there is something wrong or the application stuck? Or this is normal?

cao15

Feb 27, 2024
hi congrats on your nomination.can you share your timeline? are you also OINP job offer stream? I got invited August 27, 2023 until now its Decision in progress. im not sure when can i received my appoval my permit will expire JUNE 2024. Thank you in advance

bena19

Mar 20, 2024
I have received my ONIP Nomination on December 2023 and filed a PR Application on 16th Dec 2023 and paid the fees

Until this day they status shown in the website is "Submitted". It has been 2 moths now. Should I be worried that there is something wrong or the application stuck? Or this is normal?

Any updates yet? I'm in the same boat as you.

NR: 13th December, 2023
Submitted: 24th December, 2023
Still showing submitted: 20th March, 2024.

When can I expect to receive my AOR?

ksamj

Nov 6, 2023
Any updates yet? I'm in the same boat as you.

NR: 13th December, 2023
Submitted: 24th December, 2023
Still showing submitted: 20th March, 2024.

When can I expect to receive my AOR?
I have received my Application No and a request to link with GCKey. I am not sure if this is considered to be AOR or not. also, a request to pay for biometrics. After I linked the application there is nothing there and status is still submitted and I didn't hear anything back from IRCC

bena19

Mar 20, 2024
Thanks for the feeback.
Yes, these are the application number details. I've already paid for my biometrics as part of the initial payment option, so I should be all set. Additionally, I wanted to ask if you previously provided biometrics about 2 years ago before coming to Canada to study, will you need to provide them again?

ksamj

Nov 6, 2023
Thanks for the feeback.
Yes, these are the application number details. I've already paid for my biometrics as part of the initial payment option, so I should be all set. Additionally, I wanted to ask if you previously provided biometrics about 2 years ago before coming to Canada to study, will you need to provide them again?
yes, it seems to be the case. visit/study bio is different than pr. which was not clear during my filing and i would paid for them in advance. it still shows in my GCKey application my bio and it is valid until 2032 but seems that they need them again.

bena19

Mar 20, 2024
Fascinating! Thanks for sharing that insight. What about medicals? I had mine done around the same time, about 2 years before coming to Canada. I read somewhere that they accept medicals within 5 years. Are you aware of such information? Hopefully, mine is on the way too. LOL

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Fo
Fascinating! Thanks for sharing that insight. What about medicals? I had mine done around the same time, about 2 years before coming to Canada. I read somewhere that they accept medicals within 5 years. Are you aware of such information? Hopefully, mine is on the way too. LOL
For biometrics you still need to do another one . For medical-
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety

Reactions: bena19

bena19

Mar 20, 2024
Fo

For biometrics you still need to do another one . For medical-
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety
Thanks for the clarity! Miss bee.

bena19

Mar 20, 2024
yes, it seems to be the case. visit/study bio is different than pr. which was not clear during my filing and i would paid for them in advance. it still shows in my GCKey application my bio and it is valid until 2032 but seems that they need them again.
I received my Application Number yesterday along with a request to link it with GCKey which I did. As you mentioned, my biometrics are also valid until 2032. However, there was a prior request for my biometrics again before I linked my application. I just wanted to confirm if you still proceeded with another biometrics appointment even though it was valid until 2032, and if they allowed it?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I received my Application Number yesterday along with a request to link it with GCKey which I did. As you mentioned, my biometrics are also valid until 2032. However, there was a prior request for my biometrics again before I linked my application. I just wanted to confirm if you still proceeded with another biometrics appointment even though it was valid until 2032, and if they allowed it?
Yes . You should do that biometric again to avoid and confusion and processing delays.

Reactions: bena19

mengz2019

Apr 5, 2024
Any update?

I am having the same issue. It still shows Submit.
Submit on Dec 2021
Biometrics on July 2022
Medical Exam on Aug 2022

I have tried to get an ATIP.
It showed
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: In Progress

I do not know what they are doing and how long I have been waiting.