+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ppr request form glitch

Huma@1234

Nov 14, 2023
Hey I have received nomination from Ontario but my ppr information request was from Vancouver with the email of uklondon.i am confused to proceed or not also the sender email is authentic. If anyone has gone through similar condition your suggestions are valuable.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey I have received nomination from Ontario but my ppr information request was from Vancouver with the email of uklondon.i am confused to proceed or not also the sender email is authentic. If anyone has gone through similar condition your suggestions are valuable.
You have not provided the full email so no-one could tell you.

If the email ends with gc.ca it is most likely legitimate (esp cic.gc.ca ), as gc.ca domain is government of canada domain.

That said, the vancouver/uklondon nexus is a bit weird. Are you based in UK?

Reactions: Huma@1234

Huma@1234

Nov 14, 2023
You have not provided the full email so no-one could tell you.

If the email ends with gc.ca it is most likely legitimate (esp cic.gc.ca ), as gc.ca domain is government of canada domain.

That said, the vancouver/uklondon nexus is a bit weird. Are you based in UK?
Thank you, the email is from cic.gc.ca and I am from Pakistan ( never been to uk) following is the paragraph of the email
Dear xxx,The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You and/or your dependents must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform Vancouver Immigration immediately by email to: LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.
( though I am being nominated from ontario)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you, the email is from cic.gc.ca and I am from Pakistan ( never been to uk) following is the paragraph of the email
Dear xxx,The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You and/or your dependents must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform Vancouver Immigration immediately by email to: LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.
( though I am being nominated from ontario)
Honestly I think it's legit and this was just a form letter mistake (someone neglected to replace Vancouver with London for some reason, or perhaps there was a glitch and it was supposed to be done automatically). Completely normal that this is handled out of London (often the lead office for Pakistani files).

Follow the instructions (i.e. take it to VFS in Pakistan with passport and other necessaries) to get your visa and other docs.

[Note there's no link or connection to 'Ontario nomination' and the processing office, i.e. even if it was Vancouver it wouldn't matter, you would still take it to VFS in Pakistan.]

Reactions: Huma@1234

Huma@1234

Nov 14, 2023
Honestly, I think it's legit and this was just a form letter mistake (someone neglected to replace Vancouver with London for some reason, or perhaps there was a glitch and it was supposed to be done automatically). Completely normal that this is handled out of London (often the lead office for Pakistani files).

Follow the instructions (i.e. take it to VFS in Pakistan with passport and other necessaries) to get your visa and other docs.

[Note there's no link or connection to 'Ontario nomination' and the processing office, i.e. even if it was Vancouver it wouldn't matter, you would still take it to VFS in Pakistan.]
Thank you very much I now feel relieved

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you very much I now feel relieved
By the way I don't think VFS would accept if they had any reason to believe there was an issue, and I think (not sure though) that they routinely check that the file number is genuine etc. I don't think you need to draw their attention to the Vancouver office issue, just submit and let them deal with it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Immigration immediately by email to: LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.
Oh forgot to say - international.gc.ca is the subdomain for Global Affairs Canada (foreign ministry), within whose offices abroad (embassies etc) the IRCC works. I'm sure I've seen ldnimmigration@ etc as the office for IRCC london, too.

So basically it all checks out. (IRCC used to be CIC - i.e. previous name for immigration canada - and they don't always update the email subdomains, i.e. both cic.gc.ca and international.gc.ca are or should be entirely under control of government of canada).