+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR message going into other email address and could also land into SPAM/JUNK folders, my experience

Trusty

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
My profile is below. I've been waiting for the PPR email but never received it in the email address I used for Express Entry profile.

I had applied for a Canada Tourist/TRV few years in the past using paper process, had no UCI number. I guess I had to enter an email address in that application ( GMail ) , it was different from the email I used for Express Entry process (Outlook .com email), yet the PPR went to my old email address (Gmail) I had used for the TRV few years ago.

I only logged into this account after hearing about people receiving emails in different email addresses or going into spam folder.

I found the PPR while searching through the SPAM folder in my gmail. I am glad I didn't empty the spam folder by habit, I would've lost the PPR email and would have no idea about the PPR status.

I never contacted CIC by email or phone as I wanted to wait the entire 6 months before contacting them as they recommend. I did order GCMS notes recently but I will only get them few weeks later.

PLEASE TRY TO REMEMBER ALL EMAIL ADDRESSES YOU GAVE TO CIC DURING ANY VISA APPLICATIONS IN PAST.

And check the inbox and spam/junk folders on those email addresses as well. If you've lost access to old email accounts, contact CIC and ask what email address is on your profile or just give them the address you want to be used for PPR and ask them to remove or deactivate all other email addresses if you've lost access to those accounts and let them know you lost access to the other email accounts.

My Profile:

FSW-O - US resd.
ITA- ~ Feb 10 2017
AOR- April 11 2017

Meds Passed: Jun 27 2017 ~77 days from AOR

Got a request to submit Schedule A Background Declaration form with full history from age 18, I had past 10 years in EE profile but this time I am really giving details with entire history from age 18 even if it has been more than 10 years. History including travel, personal addresses, job, education, vacations.

My profile factors that may impact the time frames:

Employment - Govt/Civil Service in work history - if that matters

Also there is disclosure of a 'Visa Denied in past', US Visa for H1b was denied and granted after several months, this fact was disclosed in the EE application, this may also extend the overall time of processing in some stage or other.

Status changes on June 27 2017:

UCI Number is now added. (Had no UCI number)
Medicals - Passed
BG- changed from NA to Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. (REMAINS SAME AFTER PPR EMAIL RECEIVED)

PPR email timestamp: Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 5:07 PM US Central time
PPR email discovered by me few minutes ago.

Reactions: Sonhar and Hanan22

Trusty

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
What was mentioned in the Subject of the mail received? Can keep an eye on that
email subject is "Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa" keep an eye out in your spam folder as well, nothing gets updated in EE profile page even when PPR email is sent out, they should atleast notify as "PPR sent" or something in EE profile so people can know if somehow the email didn't arrive in the inbox of the account they expected.

Reactions: techLover