+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post PPR help needed

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
Hi all, I have received PPR, preparing documents now. Need expert input/help on following -

2. Where and how did you arrange the self addressed return envelope.
3. Where did you get the photos in required specs. CVS, Wlagreens wont change their spec (2 by 2) and photo studios are askign for 150$ !!

TheGodofAngelArmies

Aug 16, 2017
Hi all, I have received PPR, preparing documents now. Need expert input/help on following -

3. Where did you get the photos in required specs. CVS, Wlagreens wont change their spec (2 by 2) and photo studios are askign for 150$ !!
In Houston, I used photo lab. It was about $23. Which state are you in the US?

Reactions: prakash419

sps2can

Star Member
May 10, 2017

Many, including myself, did the following with success:
Use Walgreens. About $25 for 2 pics. Ask for visa pictures, uncut. Cut them yourself to spec. Write the walgreens address and photographer name etc and info about yourself as per the PPR email on back of each photo.
Self addressed envelope worked through Fedex only. And that too you will have to make their online account first, in order to process an order for international return label. They cant and wont do it from the fedex store, or without the account first. You can fill and create the order online, then go and print the label at their Kiosk (free of charge). But this is pretty much the overall process.

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
Many, including myself, did the following with success:
Use Walgreens. About $25 for 2 pics. Ask for visa pictures, uncut. Cut them yourself to spec. Write the walgreens address and photographer name etc and info about yourself as per the PPR email on back of each photo.
Self addressed envelope worked through Fedex only. And that too you will have to make their online account first, in order to process an order for international return label. They cant and wont do it from the fedex store, or without the account first. You can fill and create the order online, then go and print the label at their Kiosk (free of charge). But this is pretty much the overall process.
Thanks, but Walgreens are saying they have a fixed 2 by 2 format and thats what they can give, I am trying Sears tomorrow, lets see that may work out.
Fedex is saying they dont have return envelope, they can only give return 'labels' (using the acccount method as you have outliend above), but CPC has asked specifically for 'envelope' not 'lable', what is your input on that? you sent only the lable and it worked? Thanks a lot.

sps2can

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Thanks, but Walgreens are saying they have a fixed 2 by 2 format and thats what they can give, I am trying Sears tomorrow, lets see that may work out.
Fedex is saying they dont have return envelope, they can only give return 'labels' (using the acccount method as you have outliend above), but CPC has asked specifically for 'envelope' not 'lable', what is your input on that? you sent only the lable and it worked? Thanks a lot.
Please read my post above closely. it explains to ask Walgreens for visa picture and NOT to cut it. They print 2 pics on one page almost 3"x5" size. You can take it home and cut it using a blade and a scale. then proceed to write details on the back of each pic as per the requirement. Fedex is most probably the best or the only way to get a return envelope. You have to make an online account first. This is a must do step. Then you make one shipping order for return shipment. Then go to the fedex store and pick up two envelopes, one big and other small. Big one is your outgoing shipment, which you can do the standard way. The smaller envelope is where you will slide the return label and commercial invoice. Here is the process in more detail.. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sending-passport-from-usa-to-canada.507934/#post-6230014
I followed the above process and have my COPR and passports with PR in hand.

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
Please read my post above closely. it explains to ask Walgreens for visa picture and NOT to cut it. They print 2 pics on one page almost 3"x5" size. You can take it home and cut it using a blade and a scale. then proceed to write details on the back of each pic as per the requirement. Fedex is most probably the best or the only way to get a return envelope. You have to make an online account first. This is a must do step. Then you make one shipping order for return shipment. Then go to the fedex store and pick up two envelopes, one big and other small. Big one is your outgoing shipment, which you can do the standard way. The smaller envelope is where you will slide the return label and commercial invoice. Here is the process in more detail.. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sending-passport-from-usa-to-canada.507934/#post-6230014
I followed the above process and have my COPR and passports with PR in hand.
Thanks. I tried both - Walgreens and Fedex and found better options. Walgreens told me specifically that the photos they can and will give me on hand will be cut only and only 2 by 2. Found Sears, they did all for me, charged a little more , 16$. Similarly, Fedex told me that I can generate a 'return label' and that also only of I have an account ( which I have) which is ridiculous, so I went to UPS, they did everything for me (created label, pasted on an envelope and put that envelope in my shipping envelope).