+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA application is ready to submit, but wife is pregnant and no time to get OHIP

JohnUsmanov

Sep 4, 2018
Hi,

I searched all over the forums but couldn't find the best answer for my question.
My wife is currently pregnant 5 months, we got ITA and are ready to submit our application for PR. Given the processing times, we can't move in to Canada 3 months prior her approximate date for giving birth. Should we decline ITA and wait until baby is born or proceed with ITA and inform the CIC that wife is pregnant and ask for a hold on the submission deadline until February 2019? (if that's even possible). If we get our PR cards and then have the baby outside of Canada then the process of sponsoring the baby is really long and difficult as I learned. Please provide your experience.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Don't decline ita. Submit your application. Once your baby is born you can add him/her to your application anytime before landing. All you need to do is provide medicals, photo and birth certificate.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,

I searched all over the forums but couldn't find the best answer for my question.
My wife is currently pregnant 5 months, we got ITA and are ready to submit our application for PR. Given the processing times, we can't move in to Canada 3 months prior her approximate date for giving birth. Should we decline ITA and wait until baby is born or proceed with ITA and inform the CIC that wife is pregnant and ask for a hold on the submission deadline until February 2019? (if that's even possible). If we get our PR cards and then have the baby outside of Canada then the process of sponsoring the baby is really long and difficult as I learned. Please provide your experience.
keep going. you're already at 5 months. even if you get PPR soon you will have time to give birth, add the baby's info and land all together.

Reactions: JohnUsmanov