+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post graduation work permit question regarding Spring/Summer breaks!

Mitchco

Jan 16, 2017
Hi everyone

I hope that someone can help me with my case. I was a student at BCIT taking a Certificate full time, i started my program on September 2012 and finish December 2016. I was going full time during the fall and winter term but due to lack of courses availability during the Spring/Summer term, i have no courses to enrol during that time until the begging of the fall where courses where available again. My question is, during that time that i took off of spring and summer will affect when and official check my application to determine if i am eligible for the PGWP?
The letter that the school give me state that i took those breaks due to a lack of course availability. But now im worried i would get refuse for that, specially because the criteria saids you need to be a continues student going full time. But it wasnt really my fault since the courses where not available during those terms.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
In my opinion and others can comment all you can do is apply with all the evidence from the college for the course duration together with your graduation certificate and see what happens.

Not sure anyone on this forum can provide any guarantees it will depend on the visa officer reviewing your case at the time just make sure that your study permit is still valid and you are within the application time when you apply.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The general academic year for university/college in Canada is 8 months, consisting of the fall and winter terms. The summer is a 4 month break where you can take course but are not required to be studying to still be considered a full-time student.