+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possibility of H&C application-establishment

Kiddy1993

Nov 17, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am Indian citizen. I was earlier looking to apply for spousal sponsorship but it’s not in the book at the moment as it’s too last minute to gather documents for it as my passport is expiring in a month.
I am now looking to apply for H&C on the basis of establishment. I’m looking to hear from you guys about the possible chances of the application being approved. Below if the brief story since I came to canada

-2015 came to canada on student visa, didn’t finish the whole course. Studied 3 semesters.

- 2016 dropped out of college went back to India for a month in may. Reapplied for different course as my study permit was still valid and started different course in different college again. Renewed study permit.

- 2017 was not able to enroll in college due to fee deadline and course being full. I didn’t study at all in 2017. Study permit was expiring again so begged college to add me to the course and they did so renewed study permit again.

-2018 studied the remaining 2 semester and finished college in august. Applied for pgwp by myself.

-2019 January I heard back about my pgwp and it was refused. I applied to restore my status and that was rejected as well. I have been living out of status since.

I have had jobs while I was student and I have been working 1 full time job since 2019 (paid in cash) and 1 part time job since oct 2021 additional to the full time job that I hold currently.

I have been living in the same address since 2018 and i haven’t moved. I don’t have any deportation/removal orders that I know of. I didn’t receive anything

I have my common law partner that I live with and he is my everything. We have talks of marriage but considering what’s going on with my situation and my passport expiry we are remaining to common law for time being. We do want to get married

I have a bachelors degree in accounting from India and pg diploma in international business management from canada. I have about 30k CAD saved. And about 50k CAD in crypto. I have been living frugally.

I have lived most of my adult life here and I don’t want to go back. It’s going to be really hard for me to adjust in my home country (India). I don’t have any relations with my parents or my brother due to various family issues nor do I speak to any of my relatives. I am pretty much on my own if I go back. I have 1 friend who I talk to in India and 1 cousin sister that’s about it. I just can’t think of going back to India.

what do you think is my approval chances?

Last edited: