+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port-Au-Prince office/visa status after the earthquake (can we transfer?)

Polaris

Apr 6, 2010
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
0111 & 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan'2008
Doc's Request.
Jul'2010
File Transfer...
feb'2010
Med's Request
nov'2010
Med's Done....
nov'2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Dec'2010
LANDED..........
Hello, everyone. New member here. hoping to spend some time in the forums (or I'll go insane).

i'm a Dominican (Dominican Republic) citizen applying for a Skilled Worker Permanent Residence Visa through the Port-au-Prince visa office since january 2008 (2 years! *gasp*)

So far there's been no response from the office. Only the AOR.

But what worries me is the situation of the office after the terrible earthquake (january 12, 2010)
There's very little information about the matter.

i wrote an email to Question-Haiti @ cic.gc.ca and they answered:

Dear <Polaris>,
Thank you for your email concerning the current situation in Haiti.

Please note that the Canadian Embassy in Port-au-Prince has also been damaged by the earthquake and that services are therefore limited. Our main focus is currently to ensure the safety and security of Canadian citizens affected by this disaster and then to resume visa and immigration services.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is working very hard to resume services in the area. As they do resume, we will provide detailed information on measures in place for the processing of applications that were already submitted to the Visa Office in Port-au Prince.

Effective immediately and until further notice, please submit questions to the Canadian Visa office in Santo Domingo.

In the meantime, for more information concerning the situation in Haiti or CIC policies and procedures, please visit our Web site.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Philippe, Agent 3443
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
cic.gc.ca

Please Note: Due to the recent earthquake in Haiti, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is working closely with other federal departments to monitor the situation and help those in need. The information provided may change frequently and without prior notice. For the most current and accurate information, please visit our website. CIC Internet information is available in both official languages. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The masculine form is used for convenience; however, it refers to both men and women.

*Does anyone know any further information about the Canadian Embassy in Haiti if files have bee transfered to another office? (besides to wait)
*Is there a way to transfer this application to another office or should we continue using this office?
*Does anyone know if there's a phone line where we can call? I've tried calling the office in Haiti, they don't answer Immigration Aplication related questions via telephone.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Polaris,

Go ahead and send your documents to Santo Domingo if you have any. Otherwise, wait until they contact you. Yes, indeed, PAP is no longer handling cases for those who resides in The Dominican Republic.

Last Month, I submitted my documents in Santo Domingo.

I have applied under the FSW-PRV class - NOc- 0111

Polaris

Apr 6, 2010
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
0111 &amp; 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan'2008
Doc's Request.
Jul'2010
File Transfer...
feb'2010
Med's Request
nov'2010
Med's Done....
nov'2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Dec'2010
LANDED..........
Thanks so much.

Sadly, I already applied through PAP. I am going to call to confirm that my case have been transfered to Santo Domingo (IF they decide to provide that answer to me).

Otherwise I'd have to request for CAIPS to check if they actually transfered the files.

I hope this means they will speed up the applications. They say here "escobita nueva barre bien" :)

Also someone sent me this link at the cic.gc.ca website, confirming the information.

/english/information/offices/missions/santo-domingo.asp <sorry, I can't post full links>

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Office Type: Full Service Centre
Service Lines: Immigrants: Yes
Visitors: Yes
Workers: Yes
Students: Yes
Immigrant Processing Mission: Note: Due to the recent earthquake in Haiti the visa office at the Embassy of Canada in Santo Domingo is responsible for immigrant applications from people in the Dominican Republic.
Non-Immigrant Processing Mission: Note: Due to the recent earthquake in Haiti the visa office at the Embassy of Canada in Santo Domingo is responsible for visitor visa, study permit and work permit applications from people in the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
Office Location: The Canadian Embassy
Av. Winston Churchill 1099
Torre Citigroup en Acrópolis Center, piso 18
Ensanche Piantini, Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Mailing Address: The Canadian Embassy
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 2054
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Internet Site: dfait-maeci.gc.ca/dominicanrepublic/
General Enquiry: sdmgo.immigration@international.gc.ca
Case Specific Enquiry: dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=santo%20domingo
Telephone/ Facsimile Numbers: Immigration Tel .: (809) 262-3100
Immigration Fax: (809) 262-3108

Office Hours: Open to the public Mondays to Thursdays from 9:00 to 11:00. Friday: Closed to the public.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please visit this site.

You do not need to request a transfer as they are doing it automatically for those who resides in the Dominican Republic. They will contact you or your representative.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/santo-domingo.asp

Canadian visa office
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Office Type: Full Service Centre
Service Lines: Immigrants: Yes
Visitors: Yes
Workers: Yes
Students: Yes
Immigrant Processing Mission: Note: Due to the recent earthquake in Haiti the visa office at the Embassy of Canada in Santo Domingo is responsible for immigrant applications from people in the Dominican Republic.
Non-Immigrant Processing Mission: Note: Due to the recent earthquake in Haiti the visa office at the Embassy of Canada in Santo Domingo is responsible for visitor visa, study permit and work permit applications from people in the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
Office Location: The Canadian Embassy
Av. Winston Churchill 1099
Torre Citigroup en Acrópolis Center, piso 18
Ensanche Piantini, Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Mailing Address: The Canadian Embassy
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 2054
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Internet Site: www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/dominicanrepublic/
General Enquiry: sdmgo.immigration@international.gc.ca
Case Specific Enquiry: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=santo%20domingo
Telephone/ Facsimile Numbers: Immigration Tel .: (809) 262-3100
Immigration Fax: (809) 262-3108

Office Hours: Open to the public Mondays to Thursdays from 9:00 to 11:00. Friday: Closed to the public.

Polaris

Apr 6, 2010
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
0111 &amp; 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan'2008
Doc's Request.
Jul'2010
File Transfer...
feb'2010
Med's Request
nov'2010
Med's Done....
nov'2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Dec'2010
LANDED..........
Thanks again. you're a love. :-*

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Polaris,

It´s my pleasure....

So you are Dominican!!! Good to have someone from the island that is attracted by this Program...

I am somehow dissapointed that there are not that people applying for this.... This Forum is excelent!!!

You will get a lot of help.......

Take care

SFD

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Polaris,

so far, you are the ONLY APPLICANT SO FAR I AM ABLE TO CHAT WITH IN THIS FORUM...

WOW...

THE BEST FOR YOU..

SFD

Polaris

Apr 6, 2010
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
0111 &amp; 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan'2008
Doc's Request.
Jul'2010
File Transfer...
feb'2010
Med's Request
nov'2010
Med's Done....
nov'2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Dec'2010
LANDED..........
Best to you too!!! ;D Actually this board keep my spirit alive!

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you.... Polaris

Whishing you the BEST. I am still waiting for my e-cast status to change... But it does not.... :eek:

Cuidate mucho y no vivas la Vida Loca.. Eso is for Ricky Martin..

Cheers

SFD