+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate - In person interview after test

Jun 20, 2023
I am a PR and was eligible for all residency obligations and passed my citizenship test last year in June 2023. Now they are asking me for an in person interview. l am in india for the past 1 year and not working, but returning to take the in person interview for which they have sent an email. Will there be police clearance certificate required from lndia as l have been here for more than a year. Will there be an issue as l haven'tbeen working for more than a year due family issues? And what should l carry for the interview and what happens afterwards? Thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
The PCC is usually only needed for before your application, but IRCC can ask for any document at any time if they feel the need. So, maybe they ask for it, maybe they don't, we can't say...
Also, IRCC doesn't really care about your work situation, that shouldn't be a problem.
Bring with you the documents you provided during the application : passports, IDs, proof of language.

Reactions: Registereduser
Jun 20, 2023
Thanks for the reply! Just hoping everything goes well. I have all documents exactly as when l had filed the citizenship application. However the dates of travel have changed since as l have been in india after filing the application. And l had to get my indian passport updated here as well since it had expired. Also Canadian PR card expired so will be travelling with a PRTD. Will that create an issue?

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
I am a PR and was eligible for all residency obligations and passed my citizenship test last year in June 2023. Now they are asking me for an in person interview. l am in india for the past 1 year and not working, but returning to take the in person interview for which they have sent an email. Will there be police clearance certificate required from lndia as l have been here for more than a year. Will there be an issue as l haven'tbeen working for more than a year due family issues? And what should l carry for the interview and what happens afterwards? Thanks
Though it completely depend on the IRCC, if I were you, I would get a PCC from India as it is valid for 6 months and easy to get within a day from passport seva kendra . i cannot imagine the hazzle with BLS if i had to apply from Canada .

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Thanks for the reply! Just hoping everything goes well. I have all documents exactly as when l had filed the citizenship application. However the dates of travel have changed since as l have been in india after filing the application. And l had to get my indian passport updated here as well since it had expired. Also Canadian PR card expired so will be travelling with a PRTD. Will that create an issue?
None of these should be issues as they happened after your eligibility period.

SAU443

Star Member
Mar 22, 2024
Hi @Registereduser ,
I too received an interview request today and schedule in first week of May.

So, could you please share your interview experience? What to expect in an interview, such as documents and questions? so that we can make necessary preparations.