+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate not requested in Document Checklist

Mar 8, 2024
Hi everyone,

I recently received ITA and filled in the e-APR form.
I noticed that the document checklist doesn't show anything for Police Certificates. Which I think makes sense because I've stayed in Canada most of the time since 18.

The only times I left Canada since 18 was going back to my homecountry for 55 days and the US for 10 days, both took place a few months after I turned 18. I've included my flight tickets in one of the letter of explanation document as well.

Other than that, my address history, personal history, and travel history are pretty much all in Canada. I even included the times I was a minor.

Is it okay to still apply without PCC? I shouldn't be rejected because of missing PCC right? IRCC states that the system only asks PCC for countries (outside Canada) in which I stayed at least 6 months in a row since 18.

If anyone has experience getting their PR in a similar case, would love to hear your experience.

Cheers.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
If it was not on the checklist IRCC sent you, then don't worry about it. What you explained above validates why it is not needed. You have not resided 6 months or more in another country since turning 18. There is no reason for them to reject your application because of PCC.