Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
I was wondering if the Express Entry requires Proof of Funds same as in FSW 2014 program? I did not see any information on this regard. would appreciate if anyone has seen any information and would like to share.
thanks in advance

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it does.
You see nothing changed (maybe yet) in Fsw program (education, funds, relatives in Canada). Only now you have to pass the first round (EE) before you could apply under FSW (the same for CEC, FSTW and PN)

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
Yes it does.
You see nothing changed (maybe yet) in Fsw program (education, funds, relatives in Canada). Only now you have to pass the first round (EE) before you could apply under FSW (the same for CEC, FSTW and PN)
Here is an interesting scenario, under EE, if you are invited to apply for PR and you have a valid job offer supported by a LMIA, then technically you shouldn't need any PFO under FSW, correct? I know you have to you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND currently working or authorized to work in Canada. But with EE and PR invitation, depending on your employer needs, you can obtain a TWP while your PR is in process....

What are your thoughts Regina?

Otherwise, POF are a requirement under FSW, refer to:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am actually confused at the moment.
I start thinking that there will not be CEC or FSW anymore. You enter into EE, got some amount of points based on your situation , and if you get ITA you will have to confirm you points by providing CIC with legimit documents for each of your claimed grid (except for evaluation of education and language test results- these two you will have to attach to your EOI).

Maybe at the moment you get ITA CIC will ask you : to provide POF (if you already do not have a job or a job offer in Canada) and to pass medical test, to get Police Clearance Certificate? We do not know (and they have not told us) what documents they will demand with ITA. IMHO- the same as for CEC (if you have a PGWP), FSW and FSTW (as it is now).

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Regina said:
I am actually confused at the moment.
I start thinking that there will not be CEC or FSW anymore.

LOL, yes you are confused. EE is just a first stage screening of applicants. If you get the ITA, that means you will be invited to submit an application to FSW, CEC, FSTW, or PNP program (based on which you qualify for). You still have to meet the requirements of the specific program. It is unclear whether there will be any major revisions to the individual program requirements come January.

BTW - under CEC - no proof of funds requirement.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So if no major changes are made to FSW program, then it is accurate to assume that with a job offer (and proper LMIA of course) you will need no POF. Correct?

Regardless, the logic will tell you that whether they ask for it or not, you need the funds to immigrate, settle and start your life there. So, my apologies if this is nonsense to some extent.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
omaus25 said:
So if no major changes are made to FSW program, then it is accurate to assume that with a job offer (and proper LMIA of course) you will need no POF. Correct?

If that is the current rule, yes.

Regardless, the logic will tell you that whether they ask for it or not, you need the funds to immigrate, settle and start your life there. So, my apologies if this is nonsense to some extent.

If you're already working in Canada, then you've already settled and started your life here. So no POF required. That's the logic.