+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls. help. Baby born in Canada.

magellan

Jan 22, 2008
Hello everyone!
My name is Alexander. I have a questions.
We (my wife and I) are visitors in Canada.
Our eldest son is Canadian and have already applied for sponsorship parents (us).

1. I didn't understand when our son (sponsor) has to receive the first answer - can to be a sponsor or not (3-4 months or 1-2 years) ?
2. Our sons are – 21, 18 years and 1.5 months. All of them less 22 years, needs parent's support and, I hope, we can stay in Canada during the immigration process.
3. We have a newborn baby in Canada last 1.5 months, the baby is Canadian.
The Canadian has to live in Canada :)) Baby needs our support.
in this case - we have info that we can apply direct for a PR to ensure the support for baby (our application will based on baby is Canadian citizen and he (all sons) needs our support) regardless (parallel process) of family sponsorship program.

Does this info RiGHT? and how we have to apply (application #, guide….) ?
Thanks for your attention!
Alex

T

TaaDow

For a parental sponsorship, you will likely receive your first response regarding the Sponsor's Eligibility, after two years. Two years is the current processing time for the first part of these applications due to the extreme backlog.

In order to succeed your sponsor (son) will have to prove that he can financially support you when you arrive in Canada. He will be required to meet a minnimum income level based on the number of family members for whom he is responsible (Dep. children, spouse, sponsored relatives). If he is unable to meet the minimum requirements, it is likely the case will be refused.

You may wish to try to get a decision based on H&C, so I suggest you "Opt to proceed" with the application regardless of the preliminary decision so that the Visa Office may consider your 'special circumstances' ...

Good Luck