+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please please advise: would that cause any trouble

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
I am just browsing my computer and I just noticed that when I applied for a eTA to travel to Canada in 2016/2017, I was required to submit some documents including proof of employment which included the original contract and the SALARY REVIEW LETTER (which was not signed by my boss, but they accepted it and issued the eTA for my travel.

Fast forward to present, I have applied for PR under EE. And of course I had to submit my proof of employment again. The "same" SALARY REVIEW LETTER is dated differently, and the title is also different (it is my latest title with this employer, but on the version submitted previously it was my initial title) - This time the letter is signed by my boss.

I am just wondering if this inconsistency would cause me any trouble in the future and if it was consider misrepresentation?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I am just browsing my computer and I just noticed that when I applied for a eTA to travel to Canada in 2016/2017, I was required to submit some documents including proof of employment which included the original contract and the SALARY REVIEW LETTER (which was not signed by my boss, but they accepted it and issued the eTA for my travel.

Fast forward to present, I have applied for PR under EE. And of course I had to submit my proof of employment again. The "same" SALARY REVIEW LETTER is dated differently, and the title is also different (it is my latest title with this employer, but on the version submitted previously it was my initial title) - This time the letter is signed by my boss.

I am just wondering if this inconsistency would cause me any trouble in the future and if it was consider misrepresentation?
Over the course of time titles are expected to change, why getting worried about it? If current letter has everything IRCC asks for then, then do not worry if that letter was different from your previous application (non PR related). Each category has its own requirements.

Reactions: Vietgirl

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
I know I tend to over think. My concern is it was basically the same event but there's inconsistency, that's all.

The first letter was basically a draft and didn't check carefully when I sent it away as it wasn't that critical. But yes, everything on the PR application is fine and logical. The letter in question is not the employment reference letter required for the PR application, it is to support and prove my employment (part of my employment files).

I can't really do much now because it's a done deal - If I have noticed that when I submitted my EE application, I could have explained this in the LOE. Besides, it's not like otherwise I would not pass eligibility and get enough points.

I know, overthinking again. But I just want to put my mind at ease.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I know I tend to over think. My concern is it was basically the same event but there's inconsistency, that's all.

The first letter was basically a draft and didn't check carefully when I sent it away as it wasn't that critical. But yes, everything on the PR application is fine and logical. The letter in question is not the employment reference letter required for the PR application, it is to support and prove my employment (part of my employment files).

I can't really do much now because it's a done deal - If I have noticed that when I submitted my EE application, I could have explained this in the LOE. Besides, it's not like otherwise I would not pass eligibility and get enough points.

I know, overthinking again. But I just want to put my mind at ease.
I can understand, IMHO it will not be an issue.