+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP ! HOW TO REMOVE RESTRICTIONS ON WORKING HOLIDAY VISA?

riffraff9

Oct 17, 2015
On my working holiday visa, open work permit, there are restrictions (Conditions) Not valid to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teaching, healt service field occupations.
I have a job offer from secondary school, and from dentist company (but its not related with patients or i will be in touch with them, she said it would be ok, but i need offical confirmation, where to get it?)
I called CIC agent and she told me that i need i medical exam if want to remove the restrictions. Good thing is that i already done medical exam in Toronto in february 2016, and she found the record of that in their system.
She send me the link
( Work permit holder applying for a work permit
You can apply for a work permit from inside Canada if your current work permit is still valid.
To apply for a work permit, you must:
Apply online on our website, or
Send an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay as a Worker to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta. You must do this before the expiry date of your work permit,
the application is available on our website.
You keep your current status as a worker under the same conditions, until a decision is made. )
But all i can find in this link is how to apply to change working holiday visa to temporary visa. I dont wont that, i want to remain with open working permit, so i can work one or more jobs, i just want to remove the restrictions.
What to do?!?! Should i go to immigration at Pearson airport and explain the situation? Bring the medical exam papir, and they might remove the restirction on my open working permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't go to Pearson to remove the conditions. This would only be possible if you were flying into Canada on an international flight.

You need to go to a US/Canada land border crossing. Or you can submit an application to remove conditions - however this will take much longer.

riffraff9

Oct 17, 2015
i just want to inform anyone in future who will have this problem. just go to immigration at pearson airport, in 15 min you will get the new open working permit with restriction removed.
i was not lazy, i went there and in person spoke with officers, and it worked. its very specific situation, if i have lisened to cic agent, i would apply for changing conditions and i would be waiting for 2,3 months for that..lose my job offers.. and it probably change from open work permit to temporary one.

tabatabd

Aug 10, 2015
As I faced the same problem and I am not sure if do they require a valid visa ( as I am an international person) to go to the airport and where exactly should I go at the pearson airport?
I really appreciate your help.

kpas

Oct 3, 2017
i just want to inform anyone in future who will have this problem. just go to immigration at pearson airport, in 15 min you will get the new open working permit with restriction removed.
i was not lazy, i went there and in person spoke with officers, and it worked. its very specific situation, if i have lisened to cic agent, i would apply for changing conditions and i would be waiting for 2,3 months for that..lose my job offers.. and it probably change from open work permit to temporary one.
how much did you pay?