+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please check my writing and guide me.......

samsam999

Dec 27, 2009
hievery 1,
m submitting ma letter, pleasecheck and comment and rectify if there is any problem. :eek:

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows:
Dear………………………
A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening.
Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:
• explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and get into the house
• tell your relative how to get from the train station to your house
• say when you will be home and suggest what you could do together that evening

Dear habib,
It's really nice to hear from you yesterday that you will be here on Sunday Morning, I was eagerly waiting for your arrival since long as it’s already about 06 months we have not been together.

I want to inform you about some important news, that unfortunately I will not be there on Train station to receive you as I have my presentation in national Seminar today and i will be back in evening and already I have busy schedule until evening today, but don't b worried as I have told my maternal uncle,Sikandar uncle to pick you from station and i have already given him details of Your train trimmings and train number to avoid any discrepancy and he will give you keys of apartment#14 fitahi building ,your favorite pasta is ready, just heat it in microwave and Your favourite soccer DVD is near my computer that on can see and enjoy and please try to relax until i aarive,so that we can go to abhor and have BBQ there.

If you need some thing, you can call watchman whose extension is 351.

Your's faithfully,
Osama Fazlullah

Furqan

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
I am not a teacher but suggest you to avoid following mistakes.

1- Do not use abbreviations like it's or don't, BBQ, DVD etc either use full word or alternative word.
2- Try to avoid spelling mistakes.
3-Do not write too long it will enhance margin of error. Normally people write 8 words in one line and so try to complete your letter within 19-20 lines.
4-According to me you have covered all aspects.It seems to me average essay and you need improvement.
For sample Letters/essays please visit www.IELTS-BLOG.COM

Hope it will help.
Furqan

Dear habib,
It's really nice to hear from you yesterday that you will be here on Sunday Morning, I was eagerly waiting for your arrival since long as it's already about 06 months we have not been together.

I want to inform you about some important news, that unfortunately I will not be there on Train station to receive you as I have my presentation in national Seminar today and i will be back in evening and already I have busy schedule until evening today, but don't b worried as I have told my maternal uncle,Sikandar uncle to pick you from station and i have already given him details of Your train trimmings and train number to avoid any discrepancy and he will give you keys of apartment#14 fitahi building ,your favorite pasta is ready, just heat it in microwave and Your favourite soccer DVD is near my computer that on can see and enjoy and please try to relax until i aarive,so that we can go to abhor and have BBQ there.

If you need some thing, you can call watchman whose extension is 351.

Your's faithfully,
Osama Fazlullah