+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photos for First PR Card not needed anymore

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Greetings to all,

It's an important update for all future PRs.
First great news is that at the time of writing, first PR Card takes much less time to process. It used to take 45 days based on recent numbers, but dropped to a whopping 13 days just last week. One very important change to how they process them may be one of the reason.

Indeed, second great news is that you are no longer required to provide 50 x 70mm photos when you land in order for them to process the first PR Card. They just take it from the CoPR you give them. It most likely allowed them to substantially reduce processing times, and reduce backlogs.

I was skeptical at first, but my PR Card just arrived in the mail on May 13th. Initial landing done April 28th. CBSA officer said no need for photo, as the one on CoPR is enough.

Best to all.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Greetings to all,

First great news is that at the time of writing, first PR Card takes much less time to process. It used to take 45 days based on recent numbers, but dropped to a whopping 13 days just last week. One very important change to how they process them may be one of the reason.

Indeed, second great news is that you are no longer required to provide 50 x 70mm photos when you land in order for them to process the first PR Card. They just take it from the CoPR you give them. It most likely allowed them to substantially reduce processing times, and reduce backlogs.

I was skeptical at first, but my PR Card just arrived in the mail on May 13th. Initial landing done April 28th. CBSA officer said no need for photo, as the one on CoPR is enough.

Best to all.
Great news indeed.

Thanks for the update

Reactions: akkoajangajang

Canmatbay

Feb 20, 2019
Greetings to all,

Best to all.
Thanks for this update.
I want to ask you one question, I am planning to land in June in Toronto from USA, and have heard that it is not advisable to mention to the immigration officers that we are only for soft landing and will go back in few days. Wanted to know if this is true?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thanks for this update.
I want to ask you one question, I am planning to land in June in Toronto from USA, and have heard that it is not advisable to mention to the immigration officers that we are only for soft landing and will go back in few days. Wanted to know if this is true?
Of course it's not recommended as the whole point of Express entry is to let people in to live permeantly. You can just give him your canadian address when asked without mentioning much details about your plans

Reactions: Canmatbay

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for this update.
The doubt is founded indeed.
If you tell him you're here for just a soft landing, he'll tell you to provide an address once you come back. He/she may or may not care though.

akkoajangajang

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
Nomination.....
30-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
12-04-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2019
LANDED..........
30-09-2019

walkinthe_woods

Sep 7, 2018
Greetings to all,

Best to all.

I recently read on the CIC website that the processing time is 13 days, and I thought it was a mistake on their part. Anyway I was hoping someone would confirm this, so thank you! Great news indeed.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I recently read on the CIC website that the processing time is 13 days, and I thought it was a mistake on their part. Anyway I was hoping someone would confirm this, so thank you! Great news indeed.
Yep it's accurate.
Mine was processed in 10 days + 2 days shipping.

Canmatbay

Feb 20, 2019
The doubt is founded indeed.
If you tell him you're here for just a soft landing, he'll tell you to provide an address once you come back. He/she may or may not care though.
Thanks for your reply! I am reading on the forum that even if you provide friend's address they can ask you to come later for PR card when there's a permanent address? In this case it will be difficult to re-enter Canada without the card..any insights on this?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for your reply! I am reading on the forum that even if you provide friend's address they can ask you to come later for PR card when there's a permanent address? In this case it will be difficult to re-enter Canada without the card..any insights on this?
It really depends on the lenience of the officer, but normally it shouldn't be a problem. You could argue that you'll be staying at that address until you receive your Card. Don't worry about it, it's no big deal.
If he's really not okay with it, go back home without PR Card, and either apply for PRTD or enter the address manually from the link the officer will provide you with.