+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Philippines, June 2021] PPR Request Received. Some questions.

nedvert

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Hi there just got an email asking for my wife's passport to be sent to VFC :). Woohoo!

Some initial questions.

1. Travel Insurance. There's some mumbo jumbo here about how we might need travel insurance to leave the country. I will have credit card insurance for my trip but apparently that only covers card holders. I will be covered upon landing though I might just purchase a few days for her. Any suggestions on this would be great.

2. Bank Account. Any tips for getting this? I am not from China / India so TD Canada trust told me to pound it until she lands. Tangerine doesn't seem to have any options I will call them but figure I will get the same answer. Anyone have a 2022 suggestion to getting something going ASAP since we have the COPR number? I see some older threads that state that you can get this accomplished but not having much luck so far. HSBC is also horrible with their chat robots. Yikes.

3. Flights - Best strategy? I am informed that it's more expensive now so should I wait a few months or start looking for something ASAP. I was told that new normal might be what it is now a lot more than before but it's also possible it might not be and things good bottom out a bit.

4. Arrivecan, etc. - I know I will need to use this as well as get the seminar things done here. Anything else that's pressing to make sure I don't end up with an airport horror story that some folks might not think about?

Thanks. I know these are general and probably a bit silly but it's 2022 and it would be great to get some initial thoughts as I prepare to venture back to Canada with my wife :)