+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp paper application due to passport expiry

thealchewmist

Dec 25, 2023
Hello guys,

I have applied to extend my pgwp due to passport expiry. My paper application got to IRCC on Jan 4th according to tracking on canada post. Last week, I sent a webform to confirm if it has been received and uploaded to their system. I also called IRCC agent to check, they both said my application is not yet on their system.

I am getting worried about this because I need a way to track my applications. I wanted to apply online initially but it said on their website that pgwp extension due to passport expiry application has to be on paper, I also called IRCC to confirm this. But it has been almost two weeks since my application got to them and I haven't even gotten an AOR.

Has anybody submitted a paper application for pgwp extension due to passport expiry recently?

If yes, how long did it take to get AOR and how long did it take altogether to get a final decision on your application?

I initially got 10 months which expires in May and I have still not gotten a full time job in my field and I also know that employers may not hire me cus the current work permit I have expires in May.

I'm getting depressed about all these.

Can someone help with suggestions?

Thanks.

Millishah08

Feb 16, 2024
Hi! I’m in same situation If you have applied through paper you can show proof of receipt to your employer and can change jobs if your permit is still valid.
Did you hear anything from them?

Millishah08

Feb 16, 2024
It shows JAN 25th on the courier delivery page of canada post.

I also called them twice they said only way they can confirm is my payment to IRCC for application. It’s still in mail room

thealchewmist

Dec 25, 2023
It shows JAN 25th on the courier delivery page of canada post.

I also called them twice they said only way they can confirm is my payment to IRCC for application. It’s still in mail room
Yhh, it's annoying. I haven't even gotten a AOR for almost two months now.