+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP more than 1yr for 1yr Program!!!!

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
Hi,

I have heard from few students, that ppl have got more than 1yrs of PGWP for a 1yr course.
They say that it depends on the Visa officer and course load .....Is this true?

Can anyone share his/her personal exp or anyone heard of this ??

nettoyant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
cute_guy said:
Hi,

I have heard from few students, that ppl have got more than 1yrs of PGWP for a 1yr course.
They say that it depends on the Visa officer and course load .....Is this true?

Can anyone share his/her personal exp or anyone heard of this ??
I know two people who got 3 years PGWP after completing a 1 year program. One person was from Mexico and the other from Japan.
I believe they got lucky as I've asked a paralegal who told me it can happen and it's apparently random occurrence.

If you want a longer PGWP I believe you should play safe. Do two 1-year program or a 2-year masters.

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
Yes, that's what some students currently studying in Canada also told me ...But can this becoz of study load of the program ..Spl MBA programs where credits per year are high ?

krishk3

Aug 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nettoyant said:
I know two people who got 3 years PGWP after completing a 1 year program. One person was from Mexico and the other from Japan.
I believe they got lucky as I've asked a paralegal who told me it can happen and it's apparently random occurrence.

If you want a longer PGWP I believe you should play safe. Do two 1-year program or a 2-year masters.

Hey,

Suppose i do a two years masters program and complete it in 1 year, For how long would i be getting the PGWP?? Considering I would be applying only after completion of my degree so they Visa officer would know tht the durtion taken by me is just 1 year even though i went fr a 2 year course.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ideally one should get 1 year PGWP after 1 year of actual study. When someone mentioned he/she knows some people got more than 1 year's PGWP after just 1 year of studies, I totally agree as I know such cases too! So what happened is, when these guys graduated, their certificates had incorrect duration which was 2 years and actually the program was just for 1 year. But then they got just lucky.

Now, 2 years of program fetches three years of PGWP. However, what really happens on ground zero is, this is something people have tried and got the desired result ; so student completes 1 year program and enrolls in another program of just 1 semester then applies for PGWP and gets three years PGWP (it worked for many people, but I would say it's like trying your luck).

@Krish,

If the certificate states duration as 2 years, you should be good to go with 3 years PGWP. So it basically depends on what college states on your documents.

krishk3

Aug 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabby2612 said:
Ideally one should get 1 year PGWP after 1 year of actual study. When someone mentioned he/she knows some people got more than 1 year's PGWP after just 1 year of studies, I totally agree as I know such cases too! So what happened is, when these guys graduated, their certificates had incorrect duration which was 2 years and actually the program was just for 1 year. But then they got just lucky.

Now, 2 years of program fetches three years of PGWP. However, what really happens on ground zero is, this is something people have tried and got the desired result ; so student completes 1 year program and enrolls in another program of just 1 semester then applies for PGWP and gets three years PGWP (it worked for many people, but I would say it's like trying your luck).

@ Krish,

If the certificate states duration as 2 years, you should be good to go with 3 years PGWP. So it basically depends on what college states on your documents.
Ok i got it...thanks for the reply brother :) your post really helps