+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - Extension (Paper Application)

Josedi

Sep 26, 2019
IRCC says it doesn’t provide acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) for paper based applications. They will advise you to submit an electronic application which in my opinion is an avenue to exploit applicants! The other thing is that they will send you those generic emails saying you have maintained status but it doesn’t indicate that you have applied and that they have received your application! So that is as good as useless! The last viable option is to explore ways to link your paper based application to your online profile. But this will require you to have your file/application number. Next best step is to call IRCC and ask if they have since created a temporary file which has an XW plus some digits.If you get hold of that number, then you can use it to link your paper application with the online profile. I have been through this since December 11, 2023 and I fully understand your frustration!

Josedi

Sep 26, 2019
Thank you very much for your reply,

So you have not received anything since December?

I have tried them all, the number that they gave me W123… can not be linked. I called IRCC again right now, and they send me a generic email having my name on the top of the email, saying that if I provide the copy of previous application (all docs), receipt of payment, the receipt of UPS, and that print of that generic email, my employees should accept, I will try it today. I will update you

thealchewmist

Dec 25, 2023
IRCC says it doesn’t provide acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) for paper based applications. They will advise you to submit an electronic application which in my opinion is an avenue to exploit applicants! The other thing is that they will send you those generic emails saying you have maintained status but it doesn’t indicate that you have applied and that they have received your application! So that is as good as useless! The last viable option is to explore ways to link your paper based application to your online profile. But this will require you to have your file/application number. Next best step is to call IRCC and ask if they have since created a temporary file which has an XW plus some digits.If you get hold of that number, then you can use it to link your paper application with the online profile. I have been through this since December 11, 2023 and I fully understand your frustration!
Has your application been approved?

Josedi

Sep 26, 2019
After 80 days, I could link my application to my online profile with the temporary number starting with W, that IRCC gave me. And then immediately the biometric was activated in my profile (I never had biometrics). So, my paper application extension is being proceed …

thealchewmist

Dec 25, 2023
After 80 days, I could link my application to my online profile with the temporary number starting with W, that IRCC gave me. And then immediately the biometric was activated in my profile (I never had biometrics). So, my paper application extension is being proceed …
It took me two months to be able to link mine. It has been 4 months since I submitted and past the processing time yet, I have not been approved yet.