+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expiry question

Fuzu

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
PGWP expires in May. Applying for extension knowing it will get rejection. However the process time should take 3-4 months which can help me since I can work under implied status. After the rejection, I will go home and stay there until I can get PR or a new study Permit. My question is after the extension rejection, how long do I have to leave Canada. Is it the same day I go out of status or there is a grace period of 30-60 days to leave Canada ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PGWP expires in May. Applying for extension knowing it will get rejection. However the process time should take 3-4 months which can help me since I can work under implied status. After the rejection, I will go home and stay there until I can get PR or a new study Permit. My question is after the extension rejection, how long do I have to leave Canada. Is it the same day I go out of status or there is a grace period of 30-60 days to leave Canada ?
applying for an extension knowing you don’t qualify doesn’t have zero consequences. It is viewed quite negatively and playing games can have impact on how future applications are assessed.

Fuzu

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
applying for an extension knowing you don’t qualify doesn’t have zero consequences. It is viewed quite negatively and playing games can have impact on how future applications are assessed.
In general after any status expiry like study permit or work permit, do you have to leave Canada immediately? Or is there a grace period of 30 days or smth to leave ?

Johnibrahim16

Jan 24, 2024
I'm frustrated and confused! , can someone help me? I applied for study permit in October 2023, still no response from them yet requesting for medical examination .My program supposed to start in November but due to study permit delayance, I deferred it 22 January, now I have to defer it again! Since I haven't heard from IRCC. My school is a private college : that is Canadian college of Technology and Business, with this new restrictions will I be affected? I'm contemplating on applying for PGWP School, or I should wait for the decision from IRCC before making any move?