+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal/travel history

upnorth11

May 16, 2019
I do not have an ITA yet, but I am trying to prepare for what will come if I get an invitation. To me, it seems that the most difficult part will be providing a complete personal and/or travel history.

The problem is, in the past 10 years, I have traveled quite extensively around the world. Both business trips and holiday trips. My passport has been renewed twice during that period (expired), and both times the old one was held (and destroyed) by the local authority. So I have no register for these trips. Nor do I have decade old flight tickets or hotel night receipts.

Altogether, there are probably over 100 trips where I have crossed the border of my home country in the past 10 years. There is absolutely no way I could even remember all of those trips.

What do you do in this situation? Is applying impossible because I can't provide a travel history? Can anyone point me to a form or guidelines that one needs to follow when providing travel history?

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
I had around 40 trips and I pieced my history together through a combination of passport stamps, expedia history, emails, social media posts and bank/credit card transactions. I then explained in my letter of explanation that this is how my history has been compiled and that to the best of my knowledge this was complete.