+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Personal information

AneriS31

Jan 3, 2023
Hi members,

I recently received my ITA and ran into a query before I was about to hit submit. I didn't add my step father details on my work permit application a couple of years ago but have added him to the PR application under the personal information section. Is this something that can create question marks on my file and also pose a threat of refusal of PR? If yes, how should I proceed on this, please advise.

Thanks

johnfoster909

Mar 22, 2023
It is important to be truthful and transparent in your immigration applications. Failing to disclose information or providing false information can lead to serious consequences, including refusal of your application.
In your case, since you did not include your stepfather's information on your previous work permit application, it could raise questions regarding the completeness and accuracy of your previous application. However, if you have now included his information in your PR application, it shows that you have corrected the mistake and provided the correct information.
To address this issue, you can provide an explanation in a letter of explanation or in the appropriate section of the application, stating that you inadvertently missed including your stepfather's details in your previous work permit application but have now rectified the situation by including it in your PR application.
It is important to be transparent and honest about the situation, provide a clear explanation, and ensure that you have included all necessary information in your current application to avoid any potential issues with your PR application.
Krowd Darden App

Last edited:
Reactions: Taran D