+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent resident travel document

redviper

Sep 1, 2017
Guys, I have general question about permanent resident travel document. I have sent my passport for ppr. I am trying to figure out whether it is ideal to do the landing now and return to USA or do the landing after i get a job in Canada.
Since it currently takes close to 45 days for processing the pr cards. I was wondering can we apply permanent residence travel document if I have to attend any interview in the mean time.

I work in software industry and most of the organizations would prefer onsite interview over phone/skype.

Thanks in advance

Vpalanimuthu

Star Member
May 12, 2017
You can do the landing anytime before the one year of your medical/COPR visa expiry date. you can wait until you get a job before that and do it. But if you don't get a job until that expiry date, you could do the landing at that time. If you make a landing now and have to go there for interview in the mean time when you are waiting for PR card, you can go by car from the US without a PRTD showing just your COPR. PRTD can be applied as well but not sure about how long it takes. Hope this info helps. Good luck..