+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent residence card

Keira

Apr 21, 2008
HI
pls advise,on receiving the canada visa entry was done , and have received the pr card, however were out of the country all the while,now the status is that the pr card will be expired in 2 months period, can it be possible to enter canada and settle down?
i understand that once entered only upon receiving the passport can the exit be possible for emergency .
2 kids have been born after receiving the pr card and both do not have visa. what is the procedure for visiting canada for the kids and the pr card of the parents almost to expire its validity.
Thanks
Keira

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Keira said:
HI
pls advise,on receiving the canada visa entry was done , and have received the pr card, however were out of the country all the while,now the status is that the pr card will be expired in 2 months period, can it be possible to enter canada and settle down?
i understand that once entered only upon receiving the passport can the exit be possible for emergency .
2 kids have been born after receiving the pr card and both do not have visa. what is the procedure for visiting canada for the kids and the pr card of the parents almost to expire its validity.
Thanks
Keira
If I have got your message correctly, you "landed" in Canada nearly 5 years ago and have never lived in Canada? If you have not lived in Canada for 2 years since the date of your landing, you have lost your PR status.

PMM

I'm having trouble understanding this as well, but if thats the case, as PMM stated; I'm thinking: Why should anyone help you? you got your PR and just left, some people have to wait years to receive their PR and would love to live here for the rest of their lives.

'Settle down' in your home country