+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ application - SOWP

Irisclaire

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,

I have a question regarding the eligibility for a person who holds a Spousal Open Work Permit to apply for PEQ Skilled temporary worker.

As everybody knows, Quebec updated their immigration program on August 2, 2018. Before they had a line which strictly indicated "sowp holders are not eligible", however, after the update this phrase was erased. There are some immigration sites which provide articles like "PEQ CHANGES – SPOUSES WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY!", but I want to hear somebody's opinion about it (maybe somebody already gone through similar case).

This would really help me and my husband, as I've been working in Qc already more than 3 years under SOWP (full-time position with a good title), and he just graduated and received PGWP. The problem is that he doesn't speak french almost at all, while my french is good for B2 level.

Irisclaire

Jul 10, 2018
But then you need to be graduated from QC
I am not sure
No, I don't need to. Requirements on the Quebec-immigration regarding the PEQ-Skilled Temporary Worker:
"
You must meet all the conditions of the Programme de l’expérience québécoise when you submit your application for permanent selection:

• Intend to settle in Québec to hold a job
  • Have stayed temporarily in Québec for the primary purpose of working there and have respected the conditions of your stay
  • Be legally in Québec as a temporary foreign worker or under a youth exchange program (e.g., through a Working Holiday, Young Professionals or International Co-op Internship permit)
  • Have been employed full-time for at least 12 of the 24 months preceding the submission of your application
  • Demonstrate advanced intermediate knowledge of oral French
  • Undertake to provide for your basic needs and, if applicable, those of your spouse or de facto spouse and dependent children included in your application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec, for a minimum period of three months
  • Be at least 18 years old and hold a valid passport
"