Kp1004

Apr 19, 2018
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2020-01-22
I had taken student loan in 2016 but didn’t not complete the course or pay it off. I had to leave canada on 2018. I let the loan unpaid and left the country. I think the amount was 14k. Also, the credit card around 500$. Now I have been engaged to USA citizen and applied for my K-1 visa just have canada PCC pending. I have applied for my PCC it’s been 1month not received and update. Will there be a problem in the PCC if I have not cleared my debt. It’s been almost 8years and I do not remember the exact figure. Please advice.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I had taken student loan in 2016 but didn’t not complete the course or pay it off. I had to leave canada on 2018. I let the loan unpaid and left the country. I think the amount was 14k. Also, the credit card around 500$. Now I have been engaged to USA citizen and applied for my K-1 visa just have canada PCC pending. I have applied for my PCC it’s been 1month not received and update. Will there be a problem in the PCC if I have not cleared my debt. It’s been almost 8years and I do not remember the exact figure. Please advice.
No
But now that you are immigrating to the USA . You’ll more than likely work so you can start making payments on your debt you left behind .
Sounds like you’ve been unemployed for six years , hence no payments on your debt

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Of course they won't make any payment. They were a parasite in Canada, and now they'll be a parasite in the US.
All they care about is getting the PCC.

Debt like yours is a civil matter, not police, so it won't affect your PCC, sadly.