+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passports returned without stamping :(

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Dear Aanbaan - I feel really sorry for your case. Coming to ur case, there is no mistake that you/ CIC-New Delhi officials has done (assuming, u had given a tentative travel date and had requested them to return the passport back before that by EXPEDITING THE STAMPING PROCESS). In fact the CIC has helped u.

Whatever you have done is correct. Applying our common sense here, if it is possible for CIC to finish the stamping before sending back the Passports, they should have defenitely done their part. May be some more security/ bckground check is left out for completion and that SHOULD BE THE MAIN reason they would have sent ur pports back without stamping. Here they have defenitely helped you by returning ur pports so that you can accomplish ur travel in time. We should appreaciate their action here. BUT THE WORRY HERE IS, WHY THE HELL THEY TAKE SUCH A LONG TIME FOR THE SECURITY/ MEDICAL CHECK? that tooo in ur case, u got your processing started and the status change to "In Process" in the mid of August itself. So, immediately after that they should have started the security check/ bckground check for you (eventhough you had completed ur medicals on oct 21, that should not stop them from doing the security check. moreover, the medical report evaluation should not take more than 2 weeks even if they are flooded with so many cases).

while talking about the time taken for the security checks and the reason as the number of countries visited by the inviduals, the logic should be correct. But, still what bothers me is the ONE AND ONLY PECULIAR "JIGNA's" case. He never visited any country. But his pport is stuck with New Delhi office for the past 3 months. Weired. what the hell are they doing with his blank pport.

Atlast,
Note - The best to do is : No need to put a case specific enquiry checking for the resend of PPort. Just, Nicely type a covering letter (with the story in short & precise - if you feel that the story is not needed, may be we can ignore that also. they would have got all the story with them.) and send the pports with them. Couple of days after the delivery to the NewDelhi office, write an email saying the same story and say that you had despatched the pports and was delivered to ur office on such and such date. Then hang ur boots for some time. dont even visit this forum for a month. u will get ur pports back stamped in a max of 4 weeks. I assure u man. then, u convey the good news to us here.

Warm Regards, George

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
Thanks George... I think we're thinking alike... maybe, that's what I'll do...

any news on your passports...

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Yes, May be since only we both are indian trained IT project managers in this thread, we are thinking alike. just kidding. not intended to offend anyone.

just 4 weeks are over after myself sending out the pport. no update yet. will keep u posted. bye George