+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request after medical exam

simsi

Jan 7, 2012
Hi all.

It seems my application process is faster than average.

I am TR with work permit in Canada, applied for PR-QSW, March 2011.
CSQ-interview Oct 2011, got the CSQ on the same day.
PR application was sent to Sydney,Nova scotia Dec 2011
Acknowledgement Receipt with Medical Exam request from Buffalo office, January 2012.

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me these:

1.How long will it take /approximate/ to get the PR after submitting Medical results /which is Feb 2nd/?
2.Will Buffalo office request for passports to stamp PR or is it separate document mailed by post?
3.If it is necessary to send passports ,how long will it take to get them back?

We are planning to go back home in June and coming back in August.
Is it possible to delay the passport submission , if we received the request while we are on a trip?

Thank you very much!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

simsi said:
Hi all.

It seems my application process is faster than average.

I am TR with work permit in Canada, applied for PR-QSW, March 2011.
CSQ-interview Oct 2011, got the CSQ on the same day.
PR application was sent to Sydney,Nova scotia Dec 2011
Acknowledgement Receipt with Medical Exam request from Buffalo office, January 2012.

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me these:

1.How long will it take /approximate/ to get the PR after submitting Medical results /which is Feb 2nd/?
2.Will Buffalo office request for passports to stamp PR or is it separate document mailed by post?
3.If it is necessary to send passports ,how long will it take to get them back?

We are planning to go back home in June and coming back in August.
Is it possible to delay the passport submission , if we received the request while we are on a trip?

Thank you very much!
1. The processing time for 80% of the applications (Quebec) received in Buffalo is 13 months. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-que.asp#west
2. It depends, if you are from a Canada visitor visa exempt country, then you send a copy of all your passport pages, and the COPR is mailed back. If not then you have to send your passports to Buffalo, about 3/4 weeks for processing.