+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Refused Visa

newbie1782

Jan 25, 2014
I applied both parents at a different time, and got refused. I’m thinking to apply just my mom’s a second time, if I use my dad’s land titles, will that count? Since the land titles are only on my dad’s name. Reasons for refusal: travel history, family ties in canada and country of residence, proposed length of stay. P.S. My mom applied in Hongkong Canadian embassy. She was a domestic helper there.

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I applied both parents at a different time, and got refused. I’m thinking to apply just my mom’s a second time, if I use my dad’s land titles, will that count? Since the land titles are only on my dad’s name.
No, they won't.

Reasons for refusal: travel history,
Where have they travelled to?

family ties in canada and country of residence,
Does she have family in Canada and Hong Kong? You are in Canada?

proposed length of stay.
How long a visit did they request?

P.S. My mom applied in Hongkong Canadian embassy. She was a domestic helper there.
IMO a domestic helper working in a different country is difficult to overcome to get a Canadian TRV approved, because they expect that she is willing to find work in Canada as a caregiver.

newbie1782

Jan 25, 2014

My dad didn’t have any travel outside the country. My mom worked in Hongkong for the past 10 years. She went for holidays to home country a few times.

I am in Alberta, Canada. (daughter) My mom has 2 sisters in Vancouver. No family in Hongkong.

In my invitation letter, I put 2 months. It’s only my mom that I tried to apply this time.

Thanks for the reply @bellaluna

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

My dad didn’t have any travel outside the country. My mom worked in Hongkong for the past 10 years. She went for holidays to home country a few times.

I am in Alberta, Canada. (daughter) My mom has 2 sisters in Vancouver. No family in Hongkong.

In my invitation letter, I put 2 months. It’s only my mom that I tried to apply this time.

Thanks for the reply @bellaluna
To get approved for a TRV, the applicants have to show that they have strong reasons to leave Canada at the end of their stay. Your answers here do not indicate that, so you can see how it looks like to a visa officer.

Holidays to one's home country don't count for travel history. They want to see short visits to visa-required countries like the US, UK, etc. to establish that the applicant has ties to the country of residence and respects short stays in developed countries.

Your being in Canada and your mom having two sisters in Canada also indicate that she might overstay once she enters Canada.

A two-month visit also does not indicate strong ties outside of Canada.

newbie1782

Jan 25, 2014
@bellaluna
I appreciate your inputs, you might be right about the strong ties to home country. Now, what proofs I should present to convince the visa officer for a visa? My mom went back to our home country for good, I’m thinking to reapply them together the next few months.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
@bellaluna
I appreciate your inputs, you might be right about the strong ties to home country. Now, what proofs I should present to convince the visa officer for a visa? My mom went back to our home country for good, I’m thinking to reapply them together the next few months.
I can't tell you what proof you should present because it depends on the applicant's circumstances.

The strongest ties are economic: do your parents have any jobs, businesses, or properties? You mentioned your dad's land, but is there anything else? Is that land being used or rented out, etc.

Without those economic ties, if you will have to support your parents' trips financially, chances of approval are very low.

Reactions: newbie1782