+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Canada Visa

Mar 10, 2024
Hello,
I applied for my parents visitor visa in April 2023 from outside Canada. They both were in government service. My mother got visa in May 2023 but my dad got an additional request ( to submit military table even though he was not in military) on his application on May 28th. My dad worked in accounts department with Defence ministry in India and retired in 2022. I submitted the reply on May 30th but there is no update on the application. The tracker says background check in progress (rest all done). I called Canada IRCC almost every month since then but they said to be patience as the application is in progress. I raised multiple webform as well but got no reply. I got GCMS notes but the reason for delay is not mentioned in that document as well. I am really tired of chasing IRCC since July 2023. Can anyone please suggest some solution to this? Should I reapply and submit fresh application or should I wait?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I applied for my parents visitor visa in April 2023 from outside Canada. They both were in government service. My mother got visa in May 2023 but my dad got an additional request ( to submit military table even though he was not in military) on his application on May 28th. My dad worked in accounts department with Defence ministry in India and retired in 2022. I submitted the reply on May 30th but there is no update on the application. The tracker says background check in progress (rest all done). I called Canada IRCC almost every month since then but they said to be patience as the application is in progress. I raised multiple webform as well but got no reply. I got GCMS notes but the reason for delay is not mentioned in that document as well. I am really tired of chasing IRCC since July 2023. Can anyone please suggest some solution to this? Should I reapply and submit fresh application or should I wait?
How about you call the minister or talk to your MP?

Mar 10, 2024
so the application is getting processed from outside Canada i.e India and my role in this application is limited to sending invitation letter only to my parents for their visitor visa which is independently filed by them. Would it be an option to call local MP even if the application is getting processed from other country.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so the application is getting processed from outside Canada i.e India and my role in this application is limited to sending invitation letter only to my parents for their visitor visa which is independently filed by them. Would it be an option to call local MP even if the application is getting processed from other country.
But, every month, you phoned IRCC Canada despite the application is processed from the other country.

Mar 10, 2024
Yes my dad call on IRCC contact number and as they don’t give me any answer on this application as this application is getting processed from other country.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes my dad call on IRCC contact number and as they don’t give me any answer on this application as this application is getting processed from other country.
So I don't see the difference of you calling another office for the issue.