+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents are planning to let go of Immigration. Can they come as Visitiors?

UMG

Dec 7, 2013
Hi,

My parents entered Canada as immigrants in March 2010. They left Canada in October 2010.
They came back again in Oct 2013 and planning to go back in March 2015.
Up to March 2015 they met their Residency Obligation of 2yrs out of 5 years.
In order to come back even for 6 months in 2017 and 2019 (alternative years) they need to stay in Canada till first week of Nov 2015.

My parents don't know English and they are having hard time staying here in Winters. So they want to let go of Immigration.
They tried their best but now I feel that their freedom and their life taken out of them to maintain immigration.

My parents have 2kids, me and my sibling are living in Canada. If my parents let go of their immigration can they get a Visitor visa (from India) to visit in Summers.
So that they can come here is Summer and visit us and the grand kid.

Did any one go through this Issue?

Any help/information is appreciated.

Thanks.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
UMG said:
Hi,

My parents entered Canada as immigrants in March 2010. They left Canada in October 2010.
They came back again in Oct 2013 and planning to go back in March 2015.
Up to March 2015 they met their Residency Obligation of 2yrs out of 5 years.
In order to come back even for 6 months in 2017 and 2019 (alternative years) they need to stay in Canada till first week of Nov 2015.

My parents don't know English and they are having hard time staying here in Winters. So they want to let go of Immigration.
They tried their best but now I feel that their freedom and their life taken out of them to maintain immigration.

My parents have 2kids, me and my sibling are living in Canada. If my parents let go of their immigration can they get a Visitor visa (from India) to visit in Summers.
So that they can come here is Summer and visit us and the grand kid.

Did any one go through this Issue?

Any help/information is appreciated.

Thanks.
They can certainly relinquish their PR's or simply not meet RO and have it revoked. It will have no bearing on whether they would qualify for a visitor visa or not. That is separate and apart from PR and nobody can tell you if they qualify or not, only that they would have to meet the same criteria as any other visitor to Canada. They won't be able to apply for a visitor visa of any sort until their PR status is actually resolved though so they'll have to decide how they want to proceed with that.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
And just to add, they would have 2 options after relinquishing their PRs to enter Canada in the future.
1. Apply for regular TRV each time they want to visit, or hope to get a multiple-entry TRV
2. Apply for Supervisa which can allow them to stay 2 years straight, and I think can renew with ease for 10 years duration (though best to check the specific rules around supervisa if it's right for their situation)