+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Paid Research Assistant Experience

ahussein

Feb 14, 2022
Hello,

So, I recently got my master's from an accredited university in BC which qualifies me to apply for the PR. I am considering applying through the express entry Federal Skilled Worker + BC PNP Express Entry International Post-Graduate for faster processing.

However, my question is about the 1-year experience required for the FSW. So, my entire previous experience is academic -- I worked as a graduate research assistant at a local university in my home country for a full one year and the position was paid. The letter that I have for this position, however, does NOT specify the amount of stipend/salary I received or the number of hours I worked. It just mentions that I was "hired" for one year by the university working on a project titled "bla bla bla". A minor detail, the letter does not even have the university logo or anything, it just has the official stamp from the university.

So, does this qualify me to apply through the FSW stream?

On a side note, I also worked as a research associate for 6 months at a prestigious university in the US and the position was also fully paid, but this one is properly documented, unlike the above-mentioned one-year research experience.