+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overlapping and huge personal work history

Kaait

Jun 23, 2019
Hi,

For express entry with Canadian Experience Class I am encountering many concerns, primarily:

a)
I have so many transfers from one job to another and then back and forth, from 2016-2019, it’s almost 5-6 different jobs, overlapping with studies and each other at the same times, due to some jobs not promising hours, and some of these were casual jobs. The same is with studies, due to course seats full at one college, I had transferred credit from 3 different colleges.

I will really appreciate, if someone can help how to best address this, I am aware that every detail should be disclosed in express entry profile, but would welcome if someone can provide different insight into addressing this, to avoid any problem in my assessment by the profile officer.

b)
I have two different job letters at different timelines during job. The one with duties falling under NOC A, which i primarily used in express entry has an ITA issued, the other letter issued when my duties were changed to NOC B, issued at the end of my job period with company. Can I still use the letter issued earlier with NOC A, with which the ITA was issued.

Kindly help with the request.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,

For express entry with Canadian Experience Class I am encountering many concerns, primarily:

a)
I have so many transfers from one job to another and then back and forth, from 2016-2019, it’s almost 5-6 different jobs, overlapping with studies and each other at the same times, due to some jobs not promising hours, and some of these were casual jobs. The same is with studies, due to course seats full at one college, I had transferred credit from 3 different colleges.

I will really appreciate, if someone can help how to best address this, I am aware that every detail should be disclosed in express entry profile, but would welcome if someone can provide different insight into addressing this, to avoid any problem in my assessment by the profile officer.

b)
I have two different job letters at different timelines during job. The one with duties falling under NOC A, which i primarily used in express entry has an ITA issued, the other letter issued when my duties were changed to NOC B, issued at the end of my job period with company. Can I still use the letter issued earlier with NOC A, with which the ITA was issued.

Kindly help with the request.
A) These are not police officers, they are immigration officers. What to do? When asked, answer truthfully. I don't see why this would be an issue. There is a form in which you are supposed to say what you where doing for the past years, then just answer what os true.

B) if both ate the same, just a different NOC, then of course use the one you created the profile based on.

Kaait

Jun 23, 2019
Thank you!!

a) Is it the form within express entry section for personal history or different?

b) For the NOC used in profile, I have letter issued at a date when it does not complete one year, but I worked for more than a year and have paystubs for that.

Is it alright if I can change NOC after ITA now, and explain the change in Letter of Explanation? ( because letter that is issued over then completion of one year has that changed NOC) Or still use the previous NOC Letter issued before one year term? i do not have that letter in recent date.

Apr 11, 2021
Hi Kaait,
For long job history, do not put all in work experience. Just use the relevant 1-2 jobs in work history as you need to provide experience letters, paystubs, T4 for them.
Also in personal history, for the period you were student, you can just put study, no need to put all part time and casual jobs done during study time. The only thing is there should be no gaps in personal and address history.
b) As per IRCC for CEC you need to have at least 1 year (30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time or equal part time) of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply and you can work as many jobs as you need to meet this requirement. Your work experience can be in any of NOC A, B, O jobs or combination of any these. So, if you worked some time in NOC A and some time in NOC B you are still fine.

I hope it answers your question.

All the best!!

Reactions: Kaait
Apr 11, 2021
Thank you!!

a) Is it the form within express entry section for personal history or different?

b) For the NOC used in profile, I have letter issued at a date when it does not complete one year, but I worked for more than a year and have paystubs for that.

Is it alright if I can change NOC after ITA now, and explain the change in Letter of Explanation? ( because letter that is issued over then completion of one year has that changed NOC) Or still use the previous NOC Letter issued before one year term? i do not have that letter in recent date.
If your work experience in NOC O, A, B of 1 year is completed, you can do anything after that. You can even leave job or work in NoC C. No one cares what you do after 1 yr experience. All you need to show is 1560 hours of work thts it!

sahith1994

Sep 6, 2019
Thank you!!

did you got PR Iam also facing same issue,let me know how you showed your overlapping history