+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Order to depart with H&C underway

samucaj

Dec 26, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm sorry if my question is repetitive, but I did some research on the topics. and I didn't find the answer.

My period of stay in Canada as a visitor has expired and I received a letter to leave the country next month (04/08) but I have H&C in process that I started in October 2023 and have already received the AOR and collected biometrics.
1 - In this case, how could I appeal to remain in Canada until H&C's final decision?
2 - What is the best and most reliable procedure for this?
3 - Should I hire a lawyer or can I do everything through Webform?

Thanks for the help.

helpme1

Mar 6, 2024
Hello everyone, I'm sorry if my question is repetitive, but I did some research on the topics. and I didn't find the answer.

My period of stay in Canada as a visitor has expired and I received a letter to leave the country next month (04/08) but I have H&C in process that I started in October 2023 and have already received the AOR and collected biometrics.
1 - In this case, how could I appeal to remain in Canada until H&C's final decision?
2 - What is the best and most reliable procedure for this?
3 - Should I hire a lawyer or can I do everything through Webform?

Thanks for the help.
H&C unfortunately doesn't stop removals process. When an h&c decision is usually deemed positive, they delay the removal process(heard this from few people). May be the h&c has triggered the removal and the decision letter could be close.
What's your entire timeline in the country like ? Because they take quite some time to give you a removal order which it looks like you have got(according to your post). Look for recourse mechanism info here(see section under impediments and recourses) : https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/transparency-transparence/pd-dp/bbp-rpp/pacp/2020-11-24/orp-vpr-eng.html

Write to the office dealing with your file to see if they can intervene in case of the the removal or confirm their decisions. A webform is a good idea or even the email address where you got the biometric request. Usually the Vancouver office.

Contact a lawyer for a consult as well.

Last edited: