+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Options for Ukrainians to Come to Canada because of War?

planet2

Sep 16, 2007
As you know, there is terrible war going on in Ukraine.

My extended family is in the west of Ukraine, but they are having almost daily missile strikes and it is getting worse and worse. I've been encouraging them to leave for Poland asap and hope to bring them to Canada.

Their situation is as follows:

1) My Mom managed to get her citizenship (but she had to leave without waiting for her passport). I have all her paperwork ready and will send it for processing.
2) Dad has PR, but he did not live here for some time. Technically he still has it, but his PR card is expired.
3) My sister does not have any status in Canada, she will have to be invited as a visitor or whatever option there may be for Ukrainian refugees
4) Her 13-year son is her dependent

Her older son and husband cannot leave Ukraine at this time, as it is prohibited for men between 18-60 years old.

I've been begging family members 1-4 to leave for Poland asap, from where they can apply for and receive whatever paperwork is needed from the Canadian embassy in Warsaw.

I am wondering if you can share any advice, especially the best way forward to get my dad's PR card refreshed as a kind of exemption and for my sister and her son to get entry to Canada,'

Thank you.