+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit for earthquake relief - questionnaire

Feb 25, 2024
If a person is already in Canada and has an open work permit, and is eligible for a IRCC's special measures under earthquake relief program (Morocco citizen). Then in the questionnaire - which option should they select:

What would you like to do? (required)
a. Extend my current temporary resident status
b. Change my temporary resident status (for example, from a visitor to a worker)
c. Apply for an additional open work permit or study permit
d. Restore my status (if your status has expired)

Is it option B or C? What is the difference between the two options? Should they be extending their temp status as a worker with open work permit, or should they be asking for an "additional open work permit"? What is the difference between the two - and which option is "better"?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If a person is already in Canada and has an open work permit, and is eligible for a IRCC's special measures under earthquake relief program (Morocco citizen). Then in the questionnaire - which option should they select:

What would you like to do? (required)
a. Extend my current temporary resident status
b. Change my temporary resident status (for example, from a visitor to a worker)
c. Apply for an additional open work permit or study permit
d. Restore my status (if your status has expired)

Is it option B or C? What is the difference between the two options? Should they be extending their temp status as a worker with open work permit, or should they be asking for an "additional open work permit"? What is the difference between the two - and which option is "better"?
If they already have an OWP were they in Morocco when the earthquake happened? Can they show that they had been living in the area affected and their housing was affected?

They would have to apply for a new WP under this special program