+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit after spousal PR way past processing time

Josephmyatt1996

Jun 11, 2023
Hey guys!
I submitted my PR from inside Australia on December 1st 2023. I flew to Canada on a six month visitor visa on December 21st 2023.
Received AOR mid January and submitted my open work permit application January 18th. Received biometrics request for my open work permit end of January and got them done February 8th. Since then, nothing. Biometrics is shown as “we have not received your fingerprints” yet at the bottom of the page it shows my biometrics number and date of enrolment?
My work permit is now well past processing times and I don’t know what to do? Is it worth calling?

Braddles75

Mar 11, 2024
Definitely call mate. Fellow Australian here, it took 15 days for my work permit to be approved, so in your case something is definitely up.

I assume your biometrics also has an expiry date? If so it looks like someone is asleep at the wheel and hasn't updated the biometrics to the application...

Josephmyatt1996

Jun 11, 2023
Definitely call mate. Fellow Australian here, it took 15 days for my work permit to be approved, so in your case something is definitely up.

I assume your biometrics also has an expiry date? If so it looks like someone is asleep at the wheel and hasn't updated the biometrics to the application...
Appreciate that mate. Yeah it’s driving me nuts. I’ll give them a buzz

Reactions: Braddles75