+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP Receiving expression of interest

DorianCarlmikael

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hi Everyone!

I have received this message from Ontario on my Express Entry Profile:

Ontario would like to consider you under their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Dear xxx xxx,

The Government of Ontario is interested in considering you for nomination under its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through Express Entry.

If you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. Note that this letter of interest is not a guarantee that you will be nominated by Ontario. You will first have to satisfy Ontario that you meet the requirements of their program.

You can find general information about each province or territory's PNP program on the website. You will also find a link to Ontario's PNP requirements and contact information.

General information:

If a province or territory nominates you through Express Entry and you accept the PNP nomination you will be allocated an additional 600 points in the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. This means you will likely receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program.

If you accept a nomination, you are indicating to both Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and that provincial or territorial jurisdiction that you intend to live in that province or territory and that you will comply with any other provincial or territorial program requirements.

Once you accept a nomination, your profile will no longer be visible to other provinces and territories, so you will not be considered for nomination by other jurisdictions. You will also not be considered for federal economic programs in Express Entry.

If a province or territory nominates you and you decline the PNP nomination, you will not be invited to apply under Ontario's nominee program

It is possible to be nominated by more than one province or territory, but you may only accept one nomination.

If you decline the nomination, you will stay in the Express Entry pool of candidates. You will still be eligible to receive invitations to apply under the federal immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or Canadian Experience Class). As well, other provinces and territories (if applicable) will be able to see your profile for future consideration.

You are not obligated to:
contact a province or territory that is interested in you, or
accept a nomination from a province or territory.

However, if you do not accept a nomination, there is no guarantee that you will be nominated by another province or territory, or that you will be invited to apply under a federal economic program in Express Entry.

A PNP nomination does not guarantee that you are eligible for permanent residence. The final decision to issue a visa or other document for permanent residence rests with IRCC.

Now it does not say anywhere how to contact them, anyone has any idea? Anyone has received the same think and managed to contact them? I went to their contact page and there is an email but got no response

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi DorianCarlmikael,

Can you provide information on your CRS score and when did you got this mail?

Just wanted to know, whether OINP has sending requests for 2017 or not?

Thanks.

DorianCarlmikael

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
gowthamp said:
Hi DorianCarlmikael,

Thanks.
My score is 467 and ureceive I it yesterday.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
For the record I believe that DorianCarlmikael is a french speaker and therefore the EOI is under the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream. The OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream is still closed as far as I know.

Congrats DorianCarlmikael!

gowthamp said:
Hi DorianCarlmikael,

Thanks.

DorianCarlmikael

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
moelaghil said:
For the record I believe that DorianCarlmikael is a french speaker and therefore the EOI is under the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream. The OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream is still closed as far as I know.

Congrats DorianCarlmikael!
Thanks a lot :) really appreciate.

They say to contact Ontario directlt but don't provide contacts. I sent emails to the address they have on their website and tried to call them but still waiting the answer so I'm not really sure what to do now :/ I have almost all the paper ready

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
OINP have their own webpage. Here's a link to the OINP French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream main page:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_FRENCH.html#display

Also here's the application guide that will walk you through everything you need to do:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_fssw.pdf

This is a paper based application so you need to fill up the application, gather all your documents, papers and proof. Then submit the application as a package to OINP through mail (I recommend paying the extra bucks and getting a tracking number)

Regards,
Moelaghil

DorianCarlmikael

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
moelaghil said:
OINP have their own webpage. Here's a link to the OINP French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream main page:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_FRENCH.html#display

Also here's the application guide that will walk you through everything you need to do:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_fssw.pdf

This is a paper based application so you need to fill up the application, gather all your documents, papers and proof. Then submit the application as a package to OINP through mail (I recommend paying the extra bucks and getting a tracking number)

Regards,
Moelaghil
Thanks a lot. Yes I will defo get a tracking number and express delivery ahah fingers crossed. Thanks again

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Also I saw on a different post that you were struggling to access the application forms. If you are opening the pdf files using a web browser you will get the following message:

The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher. You may not have the
Adobe Reader installed or your viewing environment may not be properly configured to use
Adobe Reader.

What you need to do is save the document and open it using Adobe Reader directly.

Good luck!

DorianCarlmikael

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
moelaghil said:
Also I saw on a different post that you were struggling to access the application forms. If you are opening the pdf files using a web browser you will get the following message:

The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher. You may not have the
Adobe Reader installed or your viewing environment may not be properly configured to use
Adobe Reader.

What you need to do is save the document and open it using Adobe Reader directly.

Good luck!
Yes been spending a good amount of time trying to fix it and ended up using Adobe directly. Thanks again.

newbutterfly

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Inland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your score is not bad and given previous cut off scores, you might get lucky in the next draw.

Do you really want to accept this provincial nomination?

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2017 and 03-May-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
DorianCarlmikael said:
Thanks a lot :) really appreciate.

They say to contact Ontario directlt but don't provide contacts. I sent emails to the address they have on their website and tried to call them but still waiting the answer so I'm not really sure what to do now :/ I have almost all the paper ready
Hi DorianCarlmikael,

If you are a french speaker, or have been sent a PT NoI under the French skilled worker Program, you might want to consider also joining the following forum -> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oopnp-frenchspeaking-skilled-workers-stream-t308586.0.html. It might help you with specific info about the stream. Also, it is in the phase where application are being sent and progress thereof are being tracked.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
newbutterfly said:
your score is not bad and given previous cut off scores, you might get lucky in the next draw.

Do you really want to accept this provincial nomination?
Yeah if you wait until just before the OINP deadline (but with enough time to submit obviously...) just in case the scores come down in the next couple of weeks.

JabNas

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-May-2016
AOR Received.
24 /5/2017
What is the criteria that makes one eligible for a PNP EOI from Ontario? Does it have anything to do with NOC?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JabNas said:
What is the criteria that makes one eligible for a PNP EOI from Ontario? Does it have anything to do with NOC?
French stream has following criteria
1. year skilled work 0, a, b within 5 last years
2. French CBL 7 in all 4 skills (and to put it as your first language)
3. English CBL 6 in all 4 skills
4. Education level of Bachelor or higher
5. Indicate either all provinces in your wish list or indicate Ontario as one of them in your wish list.

After that you shall activate all including job bank and wait for them to sent you such letter.
Unlike main human capital French stream is still opened.

DorianCarlmikael

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks all for your advice, I think you are right, I will wait a couple more weeks before sending it over to see if I can get the federal ITA before

Thanks again everyone

JALT said:
Yeah if you wait until just before the OINP deadline (but with enough time to submit obviously...) just in case the scores come down in the next couple of weeks.