+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

once i move to canada what can i bring with me?

Suave

Mar 24, 2008
Im in the process of getting the skill immigrant PR, I live in the states and I have a ton of stuff, what are the customs limits or no - no's to be precise i have a car and live in a 2 bedroom apt. (to give you an idea of how much stuff i got with me)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Suave said:
Im in the process of getting the skill immigrant PR, I live in the states and I have a ton of stuff, what are the customs limits or no - no's to be precise i have a car and live in a 2 bedroom apt. (to give you an idea of how much stuff i got with me)
You can bring everything you own without paying duty or taxes as settlement goods. You complete a B4 form for the goods accompany and one for goods to follow and give it to customs when you "land" to stamp. You have to export your car from the US. http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/export/export_docs/motor_vehicle.xml difficult if you still owe money. You have to import the car to Canada. See www.riv.ca to see if it is importable. It will have to be inspected and modifications made to use it in Canada. Usually DRLs , anchor bolts for car seats, stickers for speedo, air bags.

PMM

imjoe

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
That's interesting, I didn't know you needed to export it from the US first. I know that when moving a car to Mexico all you need to do is import it.